why is trek uncool/unpopular?

Trek also took some of the magic out of companies like Klein when they took them over - all of a sudden you can buy a whole klein bike for £700!?! Fiat took Ferrari over and didn't force them to make family hatchbacks!!!

:LOL:

you could say its soo uncool its actually cooler than what was first percieved as cool

or call it anti cool , or is it anti anti cool :? and just use the most common parts

seems they are unpopular for being so popular , but doesnt that make the kult stuff more popular as more people own them and dont want to be seen riding something so common , so inadverently the treks become rarer :LOL:

They are the most boring bikes in the world....... ever, scratch the paintwork from anyone of them and they will be beige underneath. There is not one remarkable model in the thousands they have produced, the Madone has to be the worst looking superbike ever created. There is perhaps one trek I would look at but it took lots of custom work and money to acheive. I now feel very very sleeeeeeeeeeepy.............. :LOL:

perry":86w8ful4 said:
:LOL:

you could say its soo uncool its actually cooler than what was first percieved as cool

or call it anti cool , or is it anti anti cool :? and just use the most common parts

seems they are unpopular for being so popular , but doesnt that make the kult stuff more popular as more people own them and dont want to be seen riding something so common , so inadverently the treks become rarer :LOL:

i hear ya perry, that makes complete sense :LOL: my bike's the anti-christ, i mean anti cool :oops: :LOL:

kaiser":23rbeofd said:
They are the most boring bikes in the world....... ever, scratch the paintwork from anyone of them and they will be beige underneath. There is not one remarkable model in the thousands they have produced, the Madone has to be the worst looking superbike ever created. There is perhaps one trek I would look at but it took lots of custom work and money to acheive. I now feel very very sleeeeeeeeeeepy.............. :LOL:

Now kaiser mate, please dont sit on the fence, how do you really feel? :LOL: anyone got any frames kicking about?! ;)

Trek

If you need to ask, then you just dont get it ;)

Only kidding,its late and I am just stirring the pot. Each to his own :roll:

Just sold my Madone SSL,really light and I thought it looked good,fora road bike,it was just so uninspiring to ride and gave me a bad back on long rides,the only bike I've owned that did.Replaced it at the beginning of the year with a Cannondale Super6,now thats more like it!

The old Treks were really cool. A great brand I think. Well made and nice to ride.

Im talking early 1990 era ones. We NEVER see them on here. Again - maybe a thing for 2009, to see some of these get restored again.

I'd love to get an early hardtail carbon one - with the fluo paintjobs and splatter lugs etc.

Xc comp, bullseye hubs etc. These were seriously good bikes at the time.

The brand seemed to water down over the years and never seemed to get kudos back.

Have a super early catalogue somewhere - used to lust after the early ones.

Back