my clockwork is back!!!!! yeeeehhhaaaaaa!!!!!!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i thought i'd stick this in readers bikes because by tommorrow it will be a bike!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

my clockwork is back! yes!!! :cool:

some of you may remember my dilemma with the paint, a quick recap for those who don't know the story. i found the frame on a scrapheap and recognised it as a clockwork, it was the awful purple/orange fade of 1993 but obviousley it was in a bad way so i sent it to argos to be painted in a bright green after recieving some genuine decals from orange. when it came back i was chuffed but then realised that the colour looked good under a fluo light but out and about it looked like a mushy pea green. not long after this i found this safe haven for retro silliness that we call retrobike! :D i had built the bike with what i had lying around but after a while i decided i wanted the bike original(ish).

so i posted a thread asking wheather i should leave it as it was or paint it original, then i saw a picture of the original paint and i have to say i hated it :( and i really didn't want to hate it, and i didn't want to do the orange/white fade as i already have the 07 clockwork in that colour an as nice as it is there are loads of them about because it's the one that most people do :? dilemma. what should i do?

after searching through the older catalogues that rachel at orange sent me i decided on the c16 paint from iirc 98? can't remember without checking.

so originality has sort of gone out the window!! i have the choice of the original fork or a later model p7 fork or mag 20's, initially it will be the p7 fork because it will ride better and the mag's need the rebuild first! groupset will be mostly NOS deore dx. there will initially be some non retro bits but they will be fazed out as the correct parts are sourced.

anyhooo! frame sent to bob jackson and bill and 4 weeks ish later here is the clockwork reborn!!! :D :D i am so pleased :D :D :D

hope you like! :D

Attachments

• the clockwork! 005resized.jpg
    the clockwork! 005resized.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,780
  • the clockwork! 004resized.jpg
    the clockwork! 004resized.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,780
  • the clockwork! 003resized.jpg
    the clockwork! 003resized.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,780
a couple more! :D

Attachments

• the clockwork! 010resized.jpg
    the clockwork! 010resized.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,778
  • the clockwork! 008resized.jpg
    the clockwork! 008resized.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,778
  • the clockwork! 006resized.jpg
    the clockwork! 006resized.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,778
Yes I remember and at the time I thought the pea green was quite tasty but that is looking very promising now - lovely paint job and beautiful colour.

No wonder you're pleased..great paint job! Nicely understated but cool colour all the same and set them gold decals off just right. look forward to seeing it take shape.

ok i'll do it, i'll post a pic of the old paint! i grew to hate it really! :LOL:

in these pics the light does pic up on the glitter in the laquer abit, i wanted a colour that was different if you know what i mean. i feel that green, in all its shades, is very underused by manufacturerers hence using a bright green, but the exact colour choice was by argos, i told them roughly what i wanted and this is what i got back, it's their standard bright green, (not that i think it is bright enough in the flesh!) i was hoping at the time for something along the lines of that apple green that santa cruz used. but it's my bad for not being more specific!

Attachments

• oldclockwork.jpg
    oldclockwork.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,744
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,744
@ makster, it shoul be ok for the IOW, but i'm not sure if i'll ride it then, a couple of mates might be up for the ride and might be borrowing various bikes so it might be there but i might not be riding it!! :LOL:

that pea green is awesome!!

loving the new paint. gold in the decals will look ace against the mag 20's if/when you fit them

Back