Withdrawn 1996 WTB Phoenix full bike

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I don't really need, or particularly want to sell this, but I have a bit of an out of hand situation with bikes and could be spending the money elsewhere!

1996 12" WTB Phoenix, Steve Potts built frame, great condition, suspension corrected version, 1 1/8" head tube and for V brakes, not a fancy cam version, sorry. Spec is WTB heavy and has some really nice and hard to find bits and some other stuff that could be better, it was a built as a rider, kind of on a budget. Anything with a little * next to it was new/NOS before I put a pathetic 50 miles on it. It's had a clean (dust) and a fettle and the only minor issues are the rear hub not being as smooth as I'd like and a teeny wobble on the front wheel, I will sort this before it leaves. I also have an upgraded pair of New Paradigm hubs and NOS Laser Beam rims I was going to build up for this, they'll be made available to the buyer if they wish first, otherwise I'll sell them separately, priced below.

I took a lot of pictures, cos frankly I'm looking for a lot of money, if you don't know why this tiny bike is being sold for so much then fair enough, but they have a reputation, and for very good reason. I think this is one of maybe 2 Phoenix in the UK and they rarely come up, add on the seatpost, WTB stem, NOS WTB rims, tyres, and hard to find WTB BB and you're into a lot of money, believe me! Sizing details are here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/15751-2/1996.pdf - I know it looks lickle but I'm 5' 8" and it's set up for me in the pics, I could maybe get away with a size up but prefer not to be too stretched personally.

Anyway, many pictures!:

5vFI2nv.jpg

PbODpxz.jpg

TIx1zk9.jpg

WZkppnP.jpg

5GL1psp.jpg

AvtMwyT.jpg

nqIaT8s.jpg

PgGHHWM.jpg

ASrO3Ct.jpg

VtZPdM7.jpg

ZltkkxV.jpg

XF2gnA9.jpg

GtR5zl8.jpg

pYqAx99.jpg

XM38K9w.jpg

AZvegB1.jpg

u4W2MVE.jpg

KrLeRxK.jpg

Aa89H9u.jpg

gkQsZ3Y.jpg

oo8waKZ.jpg

aq8Af5B.jpg

iiW8OYb.jpg

5xCXSr9.jpg

uMRh3e6.jpg

PAYcesw.jpg

K0CgruX.jpg

QeuqMEN.jpg

D2AZQEV.jpg

5rJA61f.jpg

lo5VCCB.jpg

zER6myw.jpg

mQdcSwd.jpg

Full spec:

12" 1996 WTB Phoenix suspension corrected frame
97? Rock Shox Judy XC Long Travel fork, good mechanical nick
WTB Grease Guard headset and top cap
WTB steel 3 bolt stem
Nitto B809 riser bar*
WTB Trail grips*
WTB/Cunningham style seatpost (long)
WTB SSTX saddle
Salsa flip off no logo seat QR
WTB hollow axle bottom bracket
Ritchey Logic compact cranks
Race Face 42/32 rings*
22 tooth Sugino maybe inner ring
WTB thermoplastic clipless pedals, might be a bit later
KMC Z8 chain*
Shimano HG70 8 speed cassette*
Shimano M737 XT front and rear mech
Shimano M737 XT shifter/brake levers
Shimano M737 XT V brakes with new pads
WTB front hub*
laced to WTB Speed Master front rim*
Shimano M737 XT rear parallax hub, rebuilt with a cut down Shimano tandem axle to space to 140 for the frame
laced to WTB Power Beam rim* (dished accordingly, obviously)
WTB Velociraptor front and rear tyres*
WTB quick release skewers
WTB rubber chainstay guard
Blackburn 'Bomber' cage (if you know, you know)
Built with all new cables obviously.

The crunch:

£1300.

Can box this up and post anywhere if you cover the cost of shipping, I'll only send it insured and at an accurately declared value though. It's in SW London if you want to come and kick the tyres. Maybe I'll persuade you to buy something else as well, there's loads more to go.

And the spare wheel stuff:

NOS pair of 32 hole WTB Laser Beam rims, 32 hole, great condition Shimano 7/8 speed freehub 32 hole WTB New Paradigm hubs. The rear is at 135mm spacing currently but I am assured they can be set up for the 140mm Phoenix back end by just installing a spacer on the non drive side.

QJNcD2h.jpg

VsBYTy8.jpg

I715nw7.jpg

Eb2seb5.jpg

NJHubyL.jpg

p2tttPl.jpg

vscxAkM.jpg

7P7aww4.jpg

£250.

Re:

If I could I would -that's very cool.

Even for a 5'11"-er who likes small frames, I think that would be pushing it!

Back