HELP: How do i adjust this disc brake?

richie-t

Retro Guru
Feedback
View

I've finally got the right size rotor, and now its catching the pad so its gonna make pedalling tough!

PLEASE HELP ME IM A CRIPPLE

If you look straight through the caliper from the front you will be able to see which side it is rubbing on. You will then have to alter the caliper position using shims (available from your LBS or CRC).

without a pic im going to suggest the caliper needs spacers where it bolts to the mount on the forks , caliper spacers are extremely thin , almost paper like

unwind ( turn left ) the dial on the lever , i think it can be wound all the way without coming off

have you been playing with the lever while there hasnt been a disc in place ( come on be honest :LOL: ) the pistons can push the pads out and not fully retract , although the closed 2 pot isnt a big offender for this problem . use a flat blade screwdriver to pry the gap open between the 2 pads

what i do is leave the 2 bolts out of the caliper but put it over the disc , hold the lever tight and you can then see roughly how many washers need putting on

cheers folks.

perry - ive unwound it as far as it wants to go and the rubbin is less on this setting. if i spin it round to full max, the rubbin pretty much stops the wheel moving round.

I'll pop to LBS 2moro to get shims + see how i get on.

thanks again for replies, you guys are a wealth of knowledge

Rich have a look at the caliper, I think there is some washers acting as shims at the moment?

dave - i assume they'd be in between the caliper and the fork? if there are some there, i'd need more to push the caliper a bit further away from the fork.

Back