When did Cook Bros repaint their cranks

Animismus

Dirt Disciple
When did Cook Bros repaint their cranks? See attached picture, it looks like this isn't done by any anodized hater in the 21th, it's more looks like that they done it them selfs? Any clue?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-26 at 10.28.00.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-26 at 10.28.00.png
    632 KB · Views: 471
Re:

I've only had two cook bros cranks, so I'm not the biggest expert on these. BUT it looks like these were originally purple anodized versions (based on the dust cap grooves) and someone has made red decals on them and painted them gray (or clearcoated). Someone that's not definitely cook bros. The quality of the paint/decals is not cook bros quality. And cook bros never used decals on their CBR's/RSR's, the text was always engraved AFAIK.

But with a polish (and maybe new black decals) these will turn out very nice!

-Turkka

Re: Re:

Dami":3ut1sd15 said:
I've only had two cook bros cranks, so I'm not the biggest expert on these. BUT it looks like these were originally purple anodized versions (based on the dust cap grooves) and someone has made red decals on them and painted them gray (or clearcoated). Someone that's not definitely cook bros. The quality of the paint/decals is not cook bros quality. And cook bros never used decals on their CBR's/RSR's, the text was always engraved AFAIK.

But with a polish (and maybe new black decals) these will turn out very nice!

-Turkka

I was thinking that they actually had a small stock that they might repainted around year 2000 when no one bought any anodized parts... The thing is that the bike that they were on was whit the same setup whit parts since 1998/99... Im thinking of stripping them like you said!

The only time I've ever seen painted CBR cranks were on custom team-only Yeti bikes and those were powdered by Monkey/Spectrum.

The bike they were on was actually a RD Coyote F2 whitout original logos but whit both a "team name (persons name)" and YETI stickers, so a little miss leading... Also Big EASTON stickers...

Back