• Lock on Grips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wibbly normal Grips

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
completely pointless gimmick

never had a grip slip , except when i had a go on a "lock on" funnily enough

John":2vwu0u63 said:
on something new skool they are cock on. I have some odi rapscallions or somesuch - seem ok.

On an older bike they look a bit gash.

Yep, that's what I think too. Ruffians on my Superlight, Foamies/Ules/Serfas on the Old Boys..

Just ordinary grips (Kona Jackshit on all my bikes) and spray laquer, plus I use Hope bar end plugs on them all too.
Never have any problems and anyway, the worst that could happen would be that the grip would rotate a bit.

Andy R":37ra543x said:
Just ordinary grips (Kona Jackshit on all my bikes) and spray laquer, plus I use Hope bar end plugs on them all too.
Never have any problems and anyway, the worst that could happen would be that the grip would rotate a bit.

...and slip off the end of the bar... :shock: .. which has happened when I was riding really rad bitd :LOL:

gump":2idw008c said:
Andy R":2idw008c said:

...and slip off the end of the bar... :shock: .. which has happened when I was riding really rad bitd :LOL:

That's why I use the bar end plugs........

ODI X-Trainer, can't fault them and great even without gloves

To put on conventional grips, just check them in near boiling water for a couple of minutes
Easy to get on and then stay stuck when they contract, never failed me yet and no messing with sprays etc

Loc on grips are a brilliant invention

I have used Lizard Skins Logo Loc ons (very good) & Orange Strange loc on's (also very good)

I will only buy a non loc on set for my flat bar roadie, the other bikes will all have loc ons

re:

grips slide, no point saying that they don't. On the dh rides of yesterday we used mettalic wire and rapped them around the handlebars tight. Worked a lot better then spraypainting or such.

Lock ons are a great idea, even I might get em for my retro ride, but a slim model.

Back