do you live the stereotype cyclists lifestyle?

I love bikes, I ride often, I dont own a car and havent for a few years (but do have access to a car) Drink to much beer dont smoke, have mixed drinking and riding, buy me a beer and ill tell you the stories, and I like getting very messy when I drink not to often but once in a while its fun. a few friends and to many beers has lead to soem very good times.

perry":1tsrpbzo said:
i guess my idea of the stereotypical lifestyle is different :LOL:

to me and mates its always just been about having fun , dicking around in the woods on bikes getting out and not sitting around

i guess we didnt take anything seriously , always considered that to be what the roadies were into

my physich must be out of situation not conscious thought as ive never given diet a moments notice

i remember spending at least one whole winter just riding to the pub , one time saying to a mate " hey remember when we used to ride bikes at this kinda time :LOL: " and just laughing while carrying on playing pool :LOL:

we found it strange that people would said they ride but we never saw them riding through the night into the early hours of the morning

always out for the ride not the dstination :D

yeah to be honest that was always me and my mates way of thinking. roadies have more of the mind set we've been discussing, mtb's in my mind have always been more laid back and about fun. but it's funny how things get stereotyped into one and the same. it's about having a laugh, and enjoying the ride. This is getting deep, i was just wondering if you buggers drink and smoke :LOL:

i believe in fixies":26gc19cl said:
Don't drink 'cos I get awful hangovers and can't afford to avoid them by staying drunk. Don't understand going to the gym. Just love building bikes and riding them.

wow, i'm not the only one then?! My hangovers are shocking, hence why i dont drink either.

[littlejohn] I thought cyclists were all bearded, vegan, sandal-wearing lesbian Labour party councillors for Lambeth... [/littlejohn]

" i was just wondering if you buggers drink and smoke "

:LOL:

almost never drink now and when i do its usually either wine or a cocktail

as for smoking , years ago a mate did it loads , we were forever stopping outside shops so he could get more and he wasnt exactly the fittest one of us :LOL:

i would only smoke if it involved weed but after my mate decided to stop growing it getting hold of a reliable supply without wandering the streets and purchasing from unsavoury types was difficult and i eventually just ended up smoking just the component parts :LOL: , 3 years later and after a noticable drop in lung capacity ive given it up

Back