Raleigh 600, Campagnolo Vento Wheels, 8 speed groupset- £550

sebdickson

Retro Newbie
I put this together because I thought what I needed in my life was a bike just to cycle to a cafe on and look at.
I've moved back home after Uni and it turns out that this isn't sufficient justification for the space it takes up and I am also skint, so it must go or be split!

Raleigh Special Products Division Dynatech 600- Disco /Mapei paint style (peak 90s).
These were what the future looked like once - steel or titanium bonded into aluminium lugs to save a bit of weight, when building whole bikes out of aluminium was still too difficult. It turned out this was not the future.

Pristine Campagnolo 8 Speed groupset: Mirage crankset (with engraved bolt cover), front and rear mechs. Athena 'Carbon' (lol) ergo shifters, Monoplanar brakes. Campagnolo Headset. Worth a few pennies on its own.

Campagnolo Vento Wheelset (These are the same rim as the famous Shamal, but with a different hub). Excellent condition. New tyres, <100 miles on them. Apparently one of the first examples of aero testing on mass produced wheels

In pretty good condition for age, some decals worn a bit and some paint missing from lugs (shown in pictures) but overall a stunning bike.
More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/w8tPtAAr2NkYFpF28
Available to see in Herne Bay, Kent. Will consider posting at extra cost

Attachments

• DSC_0683.JPG
    DSC_0683.JPG
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 1,586
  • rsz_1rsz_dsc_0683.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_dsc_0683.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,586
Back