Do you buy your bikes to ride or just look at?

greencat":2g3n1s87 said:
Most of my retros have been acquired very cheaply or free - and are not particularly special either. They get "upgraded" to better seats and higher bar positions and then ridden into the ground/maintained with lots of spares/cannibalising each other. Providing I have two of them in ride worthy condition - a daily driver and a spare - I'm happy.

They are basically work horse bikes for shopping, towing trailers of firewood etc. I don't have a car and so they have to cover a lot of jobs. But I doubt I spend more than a fiver a year on all of them.

This is the future. Hope I live to see it but maybe still have an old classic or two.

I think there can be the misconception that looking at your bikes is akin to vanity.

You look with admiration at a job completed well, or with a mind to make improvement. These are clearly two of many of the finest attributes anyone can aspire to have.

Everyone feel better now :D

Walked up to den...... Looked at line of bikes, smiled.

Looked out of velux, pissing it down again .... Upside down smile with cold shudder.

So looked at line of bikes and became happy again ......so happy I didn't ride today, nowt wrong with staying indoors and admiring the art of bikes,

Never admired a man on a bike ... Bit wierd, especially when they're wet.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":gttvhwi2 said:
Scvintage":gttvhwi2 said:
Anyone have vintage helmets to go along with collection?

Paging - Yak Boy ...... come in Yak Boy

I have a bad helmet and shoe habit ( and jersey's if I can get hold of them) . Like to go the whole hog on a retro ride ( just to embarrass my riding buddies :shock: )
In the pub post ride at the mo so can't post pics but happy to line up the collection at some point.

Latest posts

Back