Which SRT-800 x-ray gripshifts crack? + grip question

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Was it the smokey ones or the crystal clear ones that were more susceptible to cracking their housings when tightening?

I suppose it’s shamelessly worth asking if anyone has got any cheap non cracked ones available too?..

Re:

All of them!
If you're ham fisted with the Allen key :LOL:
I think the smoked plastic ones came after the clear ones? Perhaps they made a few changes to the plastics.

Re:

Yup; the clear ones came first and cracked (more). The darker ones came later and cracked (less). You just have to be really gentle with them. They still work though even with the small cracks. Super-light Shifters. :cool:

Star12

Re: Which were the SRT-800 x-ray gripshifts that would crack?

While they looked cool at the time, who really needs a clear shifter so they can see inside?

I managed to crack a much older 9 speed shifter a few years ago, some epoxy and scrap carbon brought it back to life.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have been tempted by those NOS sets but trying hard to keep the budget down. Are those used sets yours?

KeepItSteel":21igadrn said:
Have been tempted by those NOS sets but trying hard to keep the budget down. Are those used sets yours?

Yep, wouldn't post it otherwise.

Latest posts

Back