Nearly there....

Re:

Rightyho, I have been struggling a bit with the side-affects of the Chemo, which I assume is the extra Targeting Cetuximab. Apart from all the usual side-affects, I had the sensation of the Flu coming on, and thought to myself that I could do without all this. I was told that Cetuximab would also give me a rash in my face, back and chest, and Acne like spots. I look like frigging elephant man now :shock: .

I have Oncology tomorrow, and if my bloods are okay, I commence cycle number 3 on Thursday.

Anyway, in other news; after the horrendous weather over the weekend, the conditions improved considerably here in West Berkshire...... and so did I.

I went a bit further out today taking in Cold Ash, Bucklebury, Bradfield, Theale and back home along the A4. I am astonished at the mid power-band torque of this bike. Even in 6th, it has staggering usable acceleration. It is obscenely quick. I’m becoming more confident now, but there are areas where I can see that I need to improve – it’s an advantage to me that I can recognise where I could do better.

I’ve only been out on it three times, but I’ve already cleaned it twice!

My driveway….. only joking ;) ; it’s a very smart farm and stables about 4 miles from my place. While I was there taking the pictures, a very posh lady jumped into her 4x4 (just visible in the middle distance) and came blasting up the drive. I thought I was in for a bit of grief, but she politely asked if I was in need of some help – bless her.

ZX6R 180220 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

I do wear gloves btw, I just took them off to do the camera timer.

ZX6R 180220_10 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re:

Envious of you getting out. Still decorating here. If the weather improves....

Had a zx9 back in 99. Scared me. Way too easy to go very quickly.

Attachments

• C390B12A-F865-401B-83BB-422B8DCC7708.jpeg
    C390B12A-F865-401B-83BB-422B8DCC7708.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 485
You are an inspiration. Just booked gt550 in for an mot. Sorn at present. Too grotty for bonneville. Enjoy the rides.

Re:

Cheers everyone, and thank you Jason. Crikey a ZX9 must be crazy fast.

I must say that I am disappointed at how dirty the bike gets with just a little bit of water and muck on the roads. I've only been out on it three times, but I've cleaned it twice already!

The place where I did my refresher course also have an accessory shop where I've bought a few knick-knacks, and both the owner and his son have commented that they are surprised to see me out on a bike in February. I said to them that you have to remember that I am a hardened cyclists who for decades has chosen not to own a car. Every journey I make is out in the elements, so it doesn't really bother me as much as it may bother some.

In other news: I had a very complicated meeting with Oncology yesterday, and my Consultant has decided that my 3rd cycle should be delayed for a week :( . My blood count is okay now following the G-CSF White Blood Cell boosting injections, but when she saw how I had reacted to the Targeting Chemo Drug Cetuximab, together with the Flu like symptoms that I had experience and only a couple of days feeling okay-ish, she said that I need a break from treatment. I didn't tell her I was out on a motorbike the day before :oops: .

She has given me four more different anti-side effect prescriptions, three of which are steroids, and she will alter the prescription of the Dexys (yes, as in Midnight Runners!) for the next cycle. I didn't sleep for two days after cycle number 2, but the come down was a bit savage - kind of reminded me my hedonistic times!

I feel a bit vague and floaty right now, so no motorbike today! Forecast for tomorrow looks okay though :D .

Pip.

Re: Re:

pipmeister":7oka0kvi said:
I didn't tell her I was out on a motorbike the day before :oops: .

pipmeister":7oka0kvi said:
I feel a bit vague and floaty right now, so no motorbike today! Forecast for tomorrow looks okay though :D

giphy.gif

Reading what you've gone through its great to see you can still have some good days, all the best on your recovery.

You cant just go riding down peoples drives mate :LOL:

I commuted for years on bikes, all weathers. Its same as mountains, as long as you are prepared, right gear etc, then its fine. Also its not a bad idea to clean the bike after every ride in winter, just a quick rinse down is better than nothing, or ACF50 it and forget about it ;)

Hope your feeling better and getting some sleep now.

Back