Orange Clockwork 1994

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Frame no: A405****

Picked this up recently from a member here. Came without tyres, saddle & bar ends. Bit of a mix up build the previous owner put together for commuting. I've got a pending classic '91 orange/white fade build but also liked the later blue/silver fade with these decals. Not sure what to do with it yet. Tempted to touch up the frame (looks better in pic) & leave it as a mix-up survivor but swap out some of the parts for other stuff on hand. Can always do a full period resto in future years. It'll be ridden.

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_191946-01_compress95.jpg
    IMG_20200217_191946-01_compress95.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 727
Re:

Good find...

I also like this colour combo and the look better the more purple bits are lashed on em...

I’m going through same predicament with a 96 stumpjumper I have acquired... rides great but paintwork and decals are just beyond me being happy with a touch up.

Looking forward to how you play this one... it’ll be great either way.

If the decals aren’t laquered over (can’t remember if only the foil ones werent in that era) then I’d defo try a touch in and new decal set...?

Cheers. I'm probably nicking the purple Middleburn ring for another bike! I keep thinking full paint job & resto but I have two others pending the full resto treatment & this bike may be one of my main hacks so the plan, if I can stick to it, is touch up the paintwork with rust-stopper, touch up paint, clear nail lacquer & a cheap set of decals & a few stickers. I've 2 sets of later X517 wheelsets (citron & silver) on Hope Ti hubs to give it a treat. I'll be changing the groupset up a bit but nothing flash.

Maybe save the full resto treatment until I retire.

The only ones I've got with decals with lacquer over are my y2k era P7's.

EDIT: Parted out & Frame karma'd

Last edited:
Back