how close are your trails to home

I dunno where mine is....I'm in SE London (near Crystal Palace), still haven't found any decent riding spots yet. I used to live in the Upper Pennines so had all the Dales (Teesdale) and Hamsterley Forest on my doorstep...down here? No flinkin' clue :(

There are four trails out of my village! one unridable most of the time (waterloged) and of the other three, the closest to my house is 51 paces away from my front door. :D

Cheers,Al

I have to ride about 10-20 minutes and even then have to ride a lot of road to link the bridleways together. To say Derbyshire is pretty rural its bridleway network in the south of the county is sh!te.

Can't beat the Peak though! And Cannock is 35 min drive too.

About 500m and I am in the Chilterns, invariably just me and a couple of pheasants. Best place for riding that I have lived (and I have lived in lots of places), they really are under-rated, for a couple of hours' fun there is so much to do.

Agency_Scum":3n38tgbz said:
15 minutes. I love Bristol, it's a city in the countryside.

Here's to Bristol, amazing riding on the doorstep, 30 mins from South Wales or the mendips and an hour from the Quantocks. :D

FairfaxPat":1k1l9ojk said:
I can be on the lower slopes of Mt. Tam in about 5 minutes from my door.

That just makes me sick. You lucky bugger!

My local trail starts at the end of my drive, Tarmac free for the first 4 miles but then a long uphill road slog home. Can' t have it all I suppose.

Latest posts

Back