Show us what you did today, thread

epicyclo":1aonnivr said:
Naturally if anyone wants to join us, they're welcome. Singlespeed of course, but we're only doing the climb and then turning right around for the cake shop at the bottom. (Unless I find an interesting off road excursion...)

It will be very short notice though. We want to get it done before the NC500 season kicks off.

Keep us informed Brian, if I can, I will.

I thought the Giant had gears for a moment, so I zoomed in on the photo.... No (nasty) surprises there :LOL: looks pretty lightweight though.

Went for a gentle pootle on the fatbike in the hope the weather would clean the 'Puffer mud off it for me.

There was a fair bit of this sort of stuff

Got a bit over ambitious trying to find an interesting line

Re: Re:

RobMac":1lvgs91u said:
Brian is that a Salsa?

No it's an original 907 from before when they introduced the model where some fat bastard sat on the toptubes.

It doesn't have modern trail geometry so it's really good in its intended conditions and on climbs. As fatbikes go, it's retro. :)

Lol, I had the next gen 907 when I was a fat basturd!

Enjoyed it for the time I had it but much prefer 27.5+ for what I ride

Have been mocking up my green King of Mercia, seeing what will work. I need a longer bottom bracket and need to make up a couple of sleeves to allow me to fit the nutted Mafac Racers to the recessed brake mounts on the frame but otherwise, coming together slowly.
I started out mocking together the tourer KOM to see out the winter before I put the nice paint out into the wild weather but figured it is going slow enough that the good weather will most likely be here before it's ready anyway :)
So far looking like my more modern looking Stronglight chainset, Mafac brakes and non aero levers, Nitto B35 Randonneur bars, Stronglight headset. Currently has my old Open Pro wheelset on with Jack Brown Mile Muncher 700 x 30 tyres, though hopefully I will soon have the Wolber GTA/600 hub wheelset sorted, same tyres.
Hard to capture how nice the paint really is.
Anyway that's my lot this week and last unfortunately.

Jamie

DSC_0002 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

2 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

3 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

4 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_0001 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Back