Dynatech frames.

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":1re4uofg said:
If only it had the original forks... :(

The Judy's aren't a bad period sort of upgrade though. I guess after a few years of rigid fork the owner fancied some bounce up front?

I have a spare set of original forks for this, require a re-paint though. Let me know if they can be help with this build...

philpheasant":31t90ya4 said:
Hi Tomas, given the frame number it would appear to be a 92. I have no plans for the frame as I was after the fork for my Sunn, which currently has none and should be a 55mm travel

Very good find there! Definitely 92 or earlier, because of the bolted join of the seat tube and seat stays. From 93 onwards the frames all had shot in, smoothly joined tubes there.

ultrazenith":2qkjnj2x said:
philpheasant":2qkjnj2x said:
Hi Tomas, given the frame number it would appear to be a 92. I have no plans for the frame as I was after the fork for my Sunn, which currently has none and should be a 55mm travel

Very good find there! Definitely 92 or earlier, because of the bolted join of the seat tube and seat stays. From 93 onwards the frames all had shot in, smoothly joined tubes there.

Just to correct I have a few '93ers with bolt-in seat stays... as per the RSP '93 catalogue in archives on here... they 101% ran bolt-ins. So I would say '94 or even '95 onwards ran the welded/brazed in seat stays. I'll check some of my BB date stamps when I next fetch the collection out of storage but don't think I have any dynas later than '93. My '95 M-Trax Ti3000 has the brazed in stays.

TOMAS":r9scq29f said:
ultrazenith":r9scq29f said:
philpheasant":r9scq29f said:

Just to correct I have a few '93ers with bolt-in seat stays... as per the RSP '93 catalogue in archives on here... they 101% ran bolt-ins. So I would say '94 or even '95 onwards ran the welded/brazed in seat stays. I'll check some of my BB date stamps when I next fetch the collection out of storage but don't think I have any dynas later than '93. My '95 M-Trax Ti3000 has the brazed in stays.

I stand corrected then :oops:

Hi,

Does anyone have clear information on how to identify Dynatech titanium mtb frames? Have a titanium (welded, NOT bonded) frame which looks as if (from the remains of transfers) it said 'Dynatech' on the downtube. There's a number on the b'b shell, but difficult to make out. Looks like photos of Torus, but I don't know how to confirm this, or if it could be another model.
Not sure if Torus was UK made, or imported. Can anyone tell me?
Jim

jim2501":1vtq29vx said:
Hi,

Does anyone have clear information on how to identify Dynatech titanium mtb frames? Have a titanium (welded, NOT bonded) frame which looks as if (from the remains of transfers) it said 'Dynatech' on the downtube. There's a number on the b'b shell, but difficult to make out. Looks like photos of Torus, but I don't know how to confirm this, or if it could be another model.
Jim
Contact Steve bikemeister2000 with any questions - he knows everything Raleigh from the period as he was product manager - PM him and he’ll reply!

jim2501":99c3fll0 said:
Hi,

Jim
Have a read through this dynatech dedicated thread - it may answer your questions

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91636&start=50

Re:

Pretty sure the Taurus was made in the UK, not imported. Mine has the imi decal on it, which is a British based titanium manufacturer, parent company is timet. Would not make too much sense to ship out of the UK to weld, then import back.

Back