Help identify LOOK frame

codydaniels

Dirt Disciple
I just picked up a Look frame for a good deal. It has been repainted in a non original paint job. There seems to be very limited info online so I hope you guys can help me out. As far as I can tell from searching the internet it is a KG176. Everything matches up to online pictures of a 176 but it has a threadless stering stem and I have not found any that way. Is it something else or has someone just mismatched the fork to the frame?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 805
  • s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 805
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 805
  • s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 805
  • s-l1600 (11).jpg
    s-l1600 (11).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 805
  • s-l1600 (12).jpg
    s-l1600 (12).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 805
I’d say it’s different fork & not keen on that paint job which I’d change.......
Good luck if you take it on as a project...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A little off-thread (no pun intended), but I have to chuckle at eBay auto translator.
It takes NOS (New Old Stock) on French listings, and translates to the English "our", the French word "nos", which is the plural of "notre".
Sad, I know, but it tickles me!

If anyone is still watching this post, I have started removing the layers of paint. I count at least four previous paint jobs, silver, peach?, yellow and lastly grey along with lots of primer. Now that I have gotten down to the final layer of paint and it seems to have been originally painted grey would that make it a KG56 G4? Also I have found the serial number under the layers of paint, it has "156G181" on the drive side and has "31 or possibly B1" on the non drive side.

Back