BoTM November 2008 - Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to follow the rules....."PURPLE" and one must think that since this is the Bike of the Month thread that a "Purple" bike should win. Not something Ink blue, blue, pink or even a bike that's 40% blue, 40% pink and maybe 20% purple. Certainly not something that only has purple parts on it?

When I think of purple in conjunction with vintage retro mountain bikes I dont think of paint. I think of those beautifull little bits and pieces we were all guilty of collecting back in the day.

The thread did not say Purple Paint.

Rather I feel that a bike that truly reflects the spirit and theme of "purple" is one like kase1983's Kona. Yes it may be a black paint job. But I hardly notice the paint . My eye is drawn to the shiny stuff.

I have a exceptionally nice and original purple paint job on another ride. But I chose to post a pic of my Neon Lime green Alien. Because the purple just seems to POP! I obviously have no intentions of obtaining any votes against comptetion like this. I assumed that many of the lurkers here like myself just want to see some bikes.

So relax and enjoy the pics for cring out loud!

kingroon":1fgl1cfs said:
P20":1fgl1cfs said:
When i saw it was purple this month, one bike sprung immediatley to mind

main.php

So not to 'Jez' spec, but stunning :cool:

Where did you see that?!?!
Peaks meet. Can't remember who it belongs to :oops: :oops:
Hopefully they are going to enter it though....

Pickles GT is mindbogglingly purple to look at,yet Kase's Kona has a more subtle approach
i think i'll vote for Kase's Knoa if its allowed ,if not then pickles Zaskar

I started off going for purple,but it seems not to suit,maybe another year/build :D

from what's been posted so far, my vote would be going to the GT and then the first Shock-A-Billy that was posted, only cuz it has more purple parts than on the 2nd one! :D

although i'd tend more to agree that the bike frame itself being purple should be an important criteria in selecting a winner; i'd consider kase1983 purple project a very strong contender due to the shear amount of impressive purple parts on the frame.

That purple Zaskar LE is not Pickle's but Tomahawk kid's or at least it was since if I recall correctly, it was split and sold some time ago.

Archangel":1huergzk said:
That purple Zaskar LE is not Pickle's but Tomahawk kid's or at least it was since if I recall correctly, it was split and sold some time ago.

Nah still got the Zaskar LE .At the Mo am trying to get hold of that extra purp kit to fully purple equip it....but not 'avin much luck. :)
PS when does voting end on this one?

Tomahawk kid":21i1vkj0 said:
Archangel":21i1vkj0 said:

Nah still got the Zaskar LE .At the Mo am trying to get hold of that extra purp kit to fully purple equip it....but not 'avin much luck. :)
PS when does voting end on this one?
Poll will probably go up over the next few days, voting finished at the end of the month.

gm1230126":17xtdbmt said:
I'm just trying to follow the rules....."PURPLE" and one must think that since this is the Bike of the Month thread that a "Purple" bike should win. Not something Ink blue, blue, pink or even a bike that's 40% blue, 40% pink and maybe 20% purple. Certainly not something that only has purple parts on it? John you should have tightened the rules or been more plain in what you wanted Bro! Enough of the campaigning. Since somebody else beat me to the Zaskar LE I had to rely on this 1991 standout and since this tends to be a fat tire crowd the only part not original from 1991 is the 2.0 tires that I added instead of the original 1.4 slics. Classic, Innovative, Vintage, Unique and Mint with around 250 original miles for an almost 18 year old bike .....1991 22" GT Tachyon enjoy
For those that don't know about this bike it was a forerunner to the 29er movement of today.
GT's VP of Product Bill Duehring wanted a ride that was faster than 26" so he created the 700D size which was sightly taller than a 26" wheel and slightly shorter than 700 but had a higher profile tire than a 26" but same outside dimension as a 700C wheel. You could run 1.4 slicks or knobby's or 2.0 knobby's on the same rim. Araya produced the rims for the bikes in the RM-20 cross section and IRC produced the 700D tires. GT had the Tachyon drop bar model the Continuum and Arette were flat bar models available with 700D wheels as well as their Quatrefoil Tandems.

Frame: GT 700D Crossover Tange Infinity DB Crmo with internal rear brake cable
Fork: Gt 2x4 CrMo with adjusters
Head Set: Ritchey Logic
Brakes: DC 986 front and DC u-brake rear
Levers: Dia Compe Aero
Stem GT Flip Flop
Handlebar: SR Modolo Bend
Shifters: Suntour Command
Derailleurs: Suntour XC LTD
Cassette: Suntour 12/28
Crank: Sakae 52/42/32
Seat Post GT/ True Temper CrMo
Saddle: GT/Viscount regal type
Wheels: Araya RM-20 w/Suntour X-1 Hubs and
GT Crossover 2.0 Tires

With all the cool GT stuff you sell...can you please buy a better camera :p ;)

you know, so we can see these bikes for how nice they really are

GoldenEraMTB":m4zhgtcq said:
gm1230126":m4zhgtcq said:
I'm just trying to follow the rules....."PURPLE" and one must think that since this is the Bike of the Month thread that a "Purple" bike should win. Not something Ink blue, blue, pink or even a bike that's 40% blue, 40% pink and maybe 20% purple. Certainly not something that only has purple parts on it? John you should have tightened the rules or been more plain in what you wanted Bro! Enough of the campaigning. Since somebody else beat me to the Zaskar LE I had to rely on this 1991 standout and since this tends to be a fat tire crowd the only part not original from 1991 is the 2.0 tires that I added instead of the original 1.4 slics. Classic, Innovative, Vintage, Unique and Mint with around 250 original miles for an almost 18 year old bike .....1991 22" GT Tachyon enjoy
For those that don't know about this bike it was a forerunner to the 29er movement of today.
GT's VP of Product Bill Duehring wanted a ride that was faster than 26" so he created the 700D size which was sightly taller than a 26" wheel and slightly shorter than 700 but had a higher profile tire than a 26" but same outside dimension as a 700C wheel. You could run 1.4 slicks or knobby's or 2.0 knobby's on the same rim. Araya produced the rims for the bikes in the RM-20 cross section and IRC produced the 700D tires. GT had the Tachyon drop bar model the Continuum and Arette were flat bar models available with 700D wheels as well as their Quatrefoil Tandems.

Frame: GT 700D Crossover Tange Infinity DB Crmo with internal rear brake cable
Fork: Gt 2x4 CrMo with adjusters
Head Set: Ritchey Logic
Brakes: DC 986 front and DC u-brake rear
Levers: Dia Compe Aero
Stem GT Flip Flop
Handlebar: SR Modolo Bend
Shifters: Suntour Command
Derailleurs: Suntour XC LTD
Cassette: Suntour 12/28
Crank: Sakae 52/42/32
Seat Post GT/ True Temper CrMo
Saddle: GT/Viscount regal type
Wheels: Araya RM-20 w/Suntour X-1 Hubs and
GT Crossover 2.0 Tires

With all the cool GT stuff you sell...can you please buy a better camera :p ;)

you know, so we can see these bikes for how nice they really are

Rumpfy at MTBR is on me about my camera too. Maybe you and he can get together and get me one for Christmas. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back