Frankenshite SS gets a make over- UPDATE PICS

Been interested to see how the finished product looks here Si. How's it coming on? Loving it so far.... :cool:
You still mega busy? Mean to pop down at some time to nose... :D

Still not finished but getting there. Very busy at work plus the RC100 frame to re-do (not happy with colour match) has left little time for Frankenshite. I'm waiting on some Manitou forks which are going to get the custom treatment and have few wheel and tyre options to try out before deciding on a spec.
All will be revealed shortly my friends!

Its one step forward, two steps back with Frank this week. New forks arrived yesterday but they are shot- they have colapsed and seized solid. Not very pleased about that as i gave good money for them. :roll: Anyway......

Before the retro purists hang me, remember this is a bit of fun for riding to work, shops, pub etc on. I have two wheelsets for this. first set is a pair of period ritchey vantage with amberwall IRC's on for playing down the woods etc. Second set (pictured below) are for street use. Big wide cruiser looking Halo combats with big fat DMR Moto tyres for banging through the potholes and up the curbs :LOL: Not at all period but they do look groovy!

Also got some sexy blue Nokon cables to go on and a SDG saddle with cowskin print...as i said, its all just a bit of fun.

Just waiting on a seatpost now and its finished parts wise. Now its time to strip those Manitous and see whats what...

Hope you like

3062524917_4b98fcd9f9_b.jpg

3062524921_ce3604ce71_b.jpg

This is how it will end up spec wise...

SPEC

Frame: 1992 Diamond Back, Tange tubing, customised

Fork: Manitou 2

Headset: Cane Creek S3
Stem: Unknown from box of bits
Handlebar: Titec Hellbent
Grips: Yeti Hardcore

Brakes: Onza HOLA
Brake Pads: Onza
Brake Cables: Nokon
Brake Levers: Real

Shifters: None
Front Derailleur: Nope
Rear Derailleur: Deffinately not
Derailleur Cables: No Sir
Cassette: Glen Campbell Greatest Hits
Chain: Cheap BMX off Ebay
Cranks: Shimano XT
Crank Bolts: Self Extracting
Chainring: Forge Racing
Chainring bolts: none
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Shimano

Hub Skewers:
Rims: On Road: Halo Combat. Off Road: Ritchey Vantage
Hubs: On Road: Shimano deore. Off Road, Miche Front, Shimano XT rear
Nipples: Alloy
Spokes: Alloy Double butted
Tyres: On Road: DMR Moto 26x2.4. Off Road: IRC Mythos XC
Tubes:

Saddle: SDG Bel Air
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: Generic alloy bolt thing

Weight: No idea.

LardLover":24pjibso said:
what ever you do, don't tell me when (or if!) you sell!

;)

Something I really fancy has turned up so Frankenbike is now in the for sale section girls and boys!

Si

I love that, I love that, I love that, must stay away from the for sale thread..............please someone buy that bike now, help me this place is evil :evil:

Back