Long-ish Aero seatpost?? Who made one?

estuche

Dirt Disciple
Hi All, did Campagnolo or Shimano or similar ever made a classic Aero seatpost that was longer than say 250mm? I can't seem to find anything like that.

Back in the day it seems that either seatposts were very shy or riders all rode frames that were too large. I’ve never found a classic post that is long enough and when I built my Team Pro I resorted to using a Campagnolo Centaur (MTB) post for its length while not looking totally inappropriate.
Scroll forward a decade and riders showed a bit more seatpost but the ‘aero’ offerings from Campagnolo and Shimano are still on the short side. When I needed something suitable I found a Selcof alloy post that looked right and was just long enough. I may remember to find it next time I’m in the workshop and if so I’ll post its dimensions.

Re:

Giant did one for their mark 1 tcr frames in 27.2 flavour that would work. I'm guessing it would have been 90's era. My mate has one on his bike

Re: Re:

pigman":2dtv42p7 said:
Giant did one for their mark 1 tcr frames in 27.2 flavour that would work. I'm guessing it would have been 90's era. My mate has one on his bike
This sounds like the Mike Burrows carbon fibre post. They come up occasionally on eBay.

Didn't they come in like 3(?) lengths of aerofoil/post and the round post below turned to the correct diameter?

Pretty sure i fitted one to a Katsanis/Metron TT frame in the late 90's.

mattr":1wu5f5cl said:
Didn't they come in like 3(?) lengths of aerofoil/post and the round post below turned to the correct diameter?

Pretty sure i fitted one to a Katsanis/Metron TT frame in the late 90's.

Yes, and they were all quite long because the frame had a dropped top tube.

I’ve checked and the one I have is a selle san marco. Min insertion mark to rails is 160mm and overall length is 230.

Latest posts

Back