Warning Modern Pace Content,,

Sithlord

Old School Grand Master
Heres another one to join the stables, sorry that its not an original RC, or even that its not built in this country :roll:

I was expecting the ride to be 'harsh' like the old RC100 and RC300 previously owned , but my god I cant believe its so comfy, At one point I thought it had some sort of 'hidden' damper built in :LOL:

Big plans are afoot for this one, already this week , I have replaced all the bolts etc with either Ti or Alloy, pending on which was lighter and was more suited for the application.. (safety first lads ;) )

Carbon this and carbon that are due for installation next week.. ;) which should drop a good bit of weigh off and improve the already brilliant ride..

I know its the person on the bike , but my god it climbs sooo well , and the descending is .... well ok its no full sus, but I was loving it :) :)

This might well be neo ;)

P1010446.jpg

P1010466.jpg

Thats a beut with those Spinergys. Its a shame the pound is worthless now, they where good value from the states 6 months back but too much now. Like the colour combo...

I know the modern Pace frames get a bit of a slating by the old school Pace fans but I like!Was very tempted by one of these in the summer but managed to resist,nice build.

Pace

The 305 are said to be even better Si, Singletrack gave them a rave review, I would love one, but I can't really justify one as well as the Merlin, Lightening and Zaskar that are all riders. What you pay for the frame? I saw Evans were heavily discounting 303's to £300 recently!

sq225917 Wrote :

Burn him at the stake......

Zokes on a Pace, what were you thinking.

PMSL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well I have had Pace forks over the years, and must admit they were spot on, loved them.. but going for something a bit different on this build ;)

For instance , always used Hope Disc brakes, but gone for Avids on this one, up at glentress yesterday , and WOW !! :shock: :D They were brilliant :) and I would have to say think feel better than the Hopes :shock: :cool:

Also on this one, things like Race face are present, I have never owned any Race face kit before so, again though I would like to try it ;)

After yesterdays ride up at glentress , I was blown away again with the bike :)
I was expecting for it to be out of its depth, but it just felt soo planted and took everything in its stride.. :) :)

Phillip, Yes the Yeti's Gone fella :shock: It was just not suiting me at all, too full on, really comfy, which is the reason I bought it , but Just isolated me from the trail too much.. I think thats it now.. for full bouncers, I think I have been riding hardtails for too long now to 'adjust' to the bouncy generation :)

Although the Pace Full Bouncer looks like its eating away at me in my sleep :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Dougie ...

Your Pace looks Ace fella, liking the build lots.. :) :cool: :cool: any idea of the weight ?

I'll keep updating this post, as and when I upgrade components :) but heres a few pics of the New Avid's ;)

P1010391.jpg

P1010433.jpg

P1010410.jpg

Let me know what ya think.. :)

Sithlord":3vam7neg said:
I was expecting for it to be out of its depth, but it just felt soo planted and took everything in its stride.. :)

WHAT, the Pace RC303 was built specifically for trail centres.

I found the 405 a bit too XC'ish for my liking, get yourself to one of the Pace Demo days and try it out.

Toons wrote :

WHAT, the Pace RC303 was built specifically for trail centres

Yea ! I did realise that but, I just blew me away, Not at all like I was expecting :shock: Like I said at the start this I think this could be NEO , I have been searching for years for something that rides like this :cool: :cool: :)

Cheers for the link fella.... :cool: :cool:

Back