Recommendation of racing saddle

X Light

Retro Newbie
Hi, I am looking for recommendation of a racing saddle with good comfort for my Colnago Master X Light. I am thinking on brands like Selle Italia, San Remo etc. But which model and brand do you guys have good experience with for road racing bikes ? Other saddle brands worth thinking off ? I don't mind if it is color full with stitching/decals.

Re: Recommendation of retro racing seat

San Marco Concor or a Turbo saddle
Cinelli Unicanitor, 3ttt pista track saddle

Can't go far wrong with a San Marco Rolls or Regal

Another vote for the San Marco Rolls here!

I use them on all my restorations.

San Marco Rolls with gel tried out. It was hard as a rock to sit on and was sold again.

Re:

There used to be a saying up here probably late 90's/early noughties.

You can tell if someone's a retired pro cos he has a rolls on his bike. This was the time when flites and the like were in vogue

Re:

For comfort I would say Rolls, for looks Regal (rock hard), and for both style and comfort I'd go for the Concor.

Everyone's bum is different so recommending saddles is a bit pointless unless you just care about looks. Personally comfort is more important than period correct, if you can find one that is both then that's great.

Some say the old Cinelli Unicantor's are comfy but then others say they are horrible... but that goes for pretty much any saddle. Cinelli Volare original or re-issue is another. Selle Italia Flite original, including the gel and carbon or re-issue. Iscaselle Tornado. Then as above regal, turbo, rolls...

If you want new but retro looking the Milano Flites and Turbos look good, there are 3 styles for each. Cheaper if you look on the German bike sites (not sure where you are).

Crambie":1imupf2l said:
Everyone's bum is different so recommending saddles is a bit pointless unless you just care about looks. Personally comfort is more important than period correct, if you can find one that is both then that's great.

So saddle reviews from cycling magazines etc. are pointless as well? I dont think so. It gives you an direction what to look fore and other peoples experience with saddles gives you inspiration. Every body know that bums are difference and everyone know the stories about what is good for one bum can be bad for another. Never the less, you can made up your own mind and decide.

Re: Re:

vcballbat":1e5qhr45 said:
For comfort I would say Rolls, for looks Regal (rock hard), and for both style and comfort I'd go for the Concor.
Fascinating how fit changes everything! For me the Regal is wonderful, Rolls OK, Concor like sitting on a housebrick (with the sharp corners)...and a Flite is total torture.

Latest posts

Back