Mayhem 2020 cancelled due to apocalypse

Re: Mountain mayhem 2020

legrandefromage":fwwgwyid said:
I've not paid, just dont have much of a budget yet.

However, have manged to shift some items, have sourced newer generation super efficient class D amplification and a 2nd 100ah battery just leaving some larger speakers to sort.

The original set-up was very efficient and barely dented the battery I had but just wasnt quite there. In order to get 10% improvement the power has to be doubled.

This year will be 24v with more lighting and less of a 'I just threw it all in the back of the van because I was escaping the missus as she thought I was having an affair'

Last year was a very bad year personally, being all but physically dragged to MM turned a dark 6 months into a light at the end of a tunnel moment - if I hadnt of gone, I really dont think I'd have made it despite the best efforts of some close friends / forum members - 'frembers'?.

For 2020, I just want to pay it back as best as I can with a better show and to be as much fun as possible, in the greenest ways I can think of.

I hope you understand

All the best

Mark

That’s cool Mark... but personally I prefer the term ”Membends”

legrandefromage":2y74e0uo said:
Last year was a very bad year personally, being all but physically dragged to MM turned a dark 6 months into a light at the end of a tunnel moment - if I hadn't of gone, I really dont think I'd have made it despite the best efforts of some close friends / forum members - 'frembers'?.

I hope you understand

All the best

Mark

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Mark and found the entire weekend a positive almost cathartic experience, I think its safe to say the event means a lot of different things to a lot of people - be it total escapism from the rigours of modern life, or simply to regress back to being a care free teenager again... or perhaps the pleasure of meeting and spending time with THM and his Tepe or the irrepressible Andy Beech :shock:

.......the event is great but its the people who make it special and leaves me wanting to come back for more :D

looking forward to some more major tuneage along with all the other misdemeanours / bollocks and general Mayhem, may even have to up my game and get me some bigger ordnance for a midnight bang :shock: and I'm not talking about Ordnance from the makers of survey maps

gotta get something bigger than last years bad boy, whats not to like about a good bang at midnight :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 502

Retro Spud":3nes4cc3 said:
and I'm not talking about Ordnance from the makers of survey maps

Puts nerd head on.......

Actually you are, that's where the name comes from as they were originally surveyors of Ordnance, before they eventually ended up making maps :p

Unsure of the timescsale for either purposes, but my Dad used to work for them and he told me that ages ago lol

And anyway, why on earth are you planning on setting big rockets off in the middle of the night, what have i signed myself up for...... :facepalm: :facepalm:

It’s part of the deal. Then we get a visit from the fun police and deny everything.

Re:

Greetings all. I’ve not visited these boards as much as I would like over the last year: real life got in the way. But I’m up for another bash at this if we can find room for @Silvery Rider (Si) and I in a ten-man team?

No bloody way we’ll be doing it in a smaller outfit tho.

Spud: I take my hat off to you. Looking at the spreadsheet we’ve got to hope for another eight joiners is that correct?

Cheers

Mark

Apart from LGF - I’ve had radio silence from the others outstanding and as stated in earlier replies I can’t risk holding up those who have paid in good faith and end up a week out from the event with only 8 riders paid.

Also if I wait too long there maybe no room at the inn and all the spaces gone for ten man teams by the time the money is in

If you want in then please join the party and send payment to me and I’ll put everyone else except LGF in a holding pot on a first come first served basis

link to last team sheet
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=397810&start=880#p2994321

Back