1999 Marin Shoreline Trail Ritchey WCS/XTR finished Pg15

Re: Our Jimmy’s Marinated in Ritchey sauce (Pa & Son MM20 build)

Retro Spud":3mkfyeyd said:
Are those Judy's Hydracoils or the older ones with regular springs and rebound cartridge

Όλα αυτά είναι ελληνικά για μένα :facepalm:

Hopefully Splater Paint can advise..

Peachy!":27q6nxis said:
Retro Spud":27q6nxis said:
Are those Judy's Hydracoils or the older ones with regular springs and rebound cartridge

Όλα αυτά είναι ελληνικά για μένα :facepalm:

Hopefully Splater Paint can advise..

Lol

just unscrew/remove one of the adjusted knobs in the crown and tip them upside down - Hydracoils will piss oil out and a fooh King long spring..... others will just be greasy spring

http://www.rideandrepair.co.uk/maintena ... y_1999.jpg
SPud

Retro Spud:npf81fa0 said:
just unscrew/remove one of the adjusted knobs in the crown and tip them upside down - Hydracoils will piss oil out and a fooh King long spring..... others will just be greasy spring

Currently they’re working fine, so I'm going to leave well alone for now, maybe I’ll service them at the end of the year. :|

Now then, parts……. We’re not too worried about period or catalogue on this build, the focus is going to be on style & quality and if that brings some weight loss along the way, that’s all for the better. :cool:
To that end we are going with a XTR M950 group set that has been cobbled together over the years for no good reason other than they were either very cheap or free a t the time and a bunch of Ritchey bits for dressing up.
So, we had a dig through my parts bins last night and just for fun did a little weighing for comparison.

Here we go;

First out will be the Club Roost at 252g

In comes the Ritchey WCS at 240g

Next out the FSA stem at 161g

In, a Ritchey WCS slightly longer reach at 140g

Then out goes the Fizik saddle at 260g (I promised to return this to SplatterPaint if not used)

In a slightly more comfortable embroidered Ritchey WCS at 302g (Jimmy says its worth giving up 42g for)

Out go the fat platforms at 549g

In, some Deore XT at 373g IMG_4046.jpg IMG_4047.jpg IMG_4048.jpg IMG_4049.jpg IMG_4050.jpg IMG_4051.jpg IMG_4055.JPG IMG_4066.jpg

Last edited:

Out, the Deore LX crank set at 709g

In, an XTR M950 crank set at 659g

Out, a BB-UN54 at 295g

In, a BB-M950 at 184g

Out, the Deore LX RD at 286g

In, an XTR M950 at 206g

Out, the Deore XT FD at 165g

In, an XTR M950 FD at 112g IMG_4063.jpg IMG_4071.jpg IMG_4059.jpg IMG_4084.jpg IMG_4060.JPG IMG_4065.JPG IMG_4062.jpg IMG_4068.jpg

Last edited:

Thats a lot of incremental savings...

so how much did they shave off ??

tad tah !

Attachments

• weight saving.JPG
    weight saving.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 425

Yes.... about the weight of a good pie :facepalm:

Might save another few hundred from the wheels, but I think by far the heaviest item are the Judys

Peachy!":3nhqr93o said:
Yes.... about the weight of a good pie

I was surprised at the weight savings between LX and XTR although the peddles appear to have made the biggest saving :shock:

Retro Spud":3j8qnhh3 said:
Peachy!":3j8qnhh3 said:

I was surprised at the weight savings between LX and XTR although the peddles appear to have made the biggest saving :shock:

Yeah... but it’s gonna look fine... :cool:

Peachy!":2nenshdd said:
Retro Spud":2nenshdd said:
Peachy!":2nenshdd said:

Yeah... but it’s gonna look fine... :cool:

of that I've no doubt - cuz Jimmy will "make it so"

looking forward to seeing what colour you go and how much else you can shave off it, I read last night on another weight weenie thread (Tomiasons ) about the saving to be had with inner tubes

Colour? Henry Ford’s favourite.....

Back