How do you carry your bikes?

I did look at mounting internal too, as have got a Grand espace which is bloody massive inside.. Thurle do one I believe will have to look into further

Get yourself a pickup! :LOL:

Any chance of some pics of these fork-mount racks people have gone for? I've planned a rack for the back of the Caddy, but I was just going to go for a design where they'd slot straight in wheels & all... It's the right time to consider other options though - before I get the welder out!

mine go IN the car, had a horrible experience driving round bristol with 2 on a bike rack once and it stressed the hell out of me...

I usually hang mine off a rear mounted bike rack, if there's more than one bike I separate them with pipe insulation and cloths. It's not very often that I transport them inside the car, usually because of the mud. If I've got more than one bike inside the car I separate them with a big piece of carpet.

Just got in after a VERY muddy ride in the new forest. I normaly just ride there but today I fancied trying a different area and time was getting on so decided to drive.
My boot is full of tools and test kit for work so the bike had to go on the back seat.
I achivieved this by just taking the front wheel off but its made a right mess of the seat.
Its made me realise that I either need a bike rack or an estate!

lewis1641":1qqqsqhv said:
i have a vw t4 transporter which is ace.

me to :) still got its german export plates on in these pics ;) loads of room plus I can have a nice cup of tea and a lie down afterwards :LOL:

carib2.jpg

carib1.jpg

When my daughter was born I had to buy a people carrier just so Icould still fit the bike in the car along with her and all her associated baggage,hate the thought of me bike being transported on a rack!

I usually just ride from home, but on the rare occasions that I don't I just sling my bike on a bike rack (Saris).
I'm never driving more than 25 miles each way anyway, so it does the job for me - all these VW Transporters and the like are a bit up-market for me :LOL: . I'd feel seriously compromised if I had to spend that much money on a car....

Back