Rocky mountain Team Comp???

Crayons":303kc5uc said:
Nice one Anthony. Hope you didn't take my comment re the price the wrong way. £103 is a fair price for a quality steel frame like that – I just had a funny feeling it would sell for a stupidly small amount as it didn't seem to be getting much interest when I last looked on ebay.
I've noticed a trend for retro bits on ebay making more than I expect – partly why I keep being out-bid on stuff :LOL:
I'm sure you'll be delighted when you get that one built up. Rockys do have a quite superb feel when ridden – enjoy.
Oh and you're right – way too small for me :D
Sorry Crayons, didn't mean to imply that I bought it. I kind of agree with you on the price and I generally bid only what I think I could get for an item if I sold it again, but on this occasion I thought what the hell and bid a little bit more, £101, with 3 sec to go. But the top bid of who knows how much was one made three days earlier and may well have been quite a lot more.

We don't know what the 'correct' colour for a 91 Team Comp might be, but black seemed ok to me and I think that with Gil_M decals the frame would be quite nice. But to me you just bid what you feel like and if somebody else bids more, then good luck to them.

Didn't realise there was a thread on this :oops: guilty as charged I'm afraid for paying over the odds for this :oops:

Not sure if it is a Team comp :? but the seller seems genuine so who knows :?

I should have it Tuesday so I'll put up some decent pics and you can all pick holes in it :LOL: looks a nice frame to me whatever it is and you don't get much for £103 these days ;)

I imagine you will get it, put up some pics, and we will all be thinking damn, should have had that!

:LOL:

Jones":1g1py04h said:
Didn't realise there was a thread on this :oops: guilty as charged I'm afraid for paying over the odds for this :oops:
I should have it Tuesday so I'll put up some decent pics and you can all pick holes in it :LOL: looks a nice frame to me whatever it is and you don't get much for £103 these days ;)
Well Swift Whippet, if I'd known you were going to bid for it, I wouldn't have bothered - and then you'd have got it for a tenner less!

But let history record that Swift Whippet's first bid on the auction was for the princely sum of £5. Really Swift Whippet, you should be ashamed of yourself, bidding £5 for such a noble frame as that!

Seriously though, I agree about £103 and I'm surprised by how cheap frames are. You night have to pay that much for the right pair of forks for it, assuming Syncros for choice. Not to mention the CK to join them together.

Anthony":32gp2tyu said:
Jones":32gp2tyu said:
Well Swift Whippet, if I'd known you were going to bid for it, I wouldn't have bothered - and then you'd have got it for a tenner less!

But let history record that Swift Whippet's first bid on the auction was for the princely sum of £5. Really Swift Whippet, you should be ashamed of yourself, bidding £5 for such a noble frame as that!

Seriously though, I agree about £103 and I'm surprised by how cheap frames are. You night have to pay that much for the right pair of forks for it, assuming Syncros for choice. Not to mention the CK to join them together.

:LOL: I didn't think I'd get it for £5 honest :LOL: if I'm going to have a serious bid on something I'll put a small bid on it just so it stands out in 'My Ebay' ;) otherwise it just gets lost in all the things I'm watching and I forget to bid :roll:

Lets hope it turns out to be as nice as I hope its going to be ;)

I've been working with Gil on re-creating the period RM graphics. He now has replicas of the complete Team Comp set from my bike, including the Performance Paints top tube stickers and the Ultimate Ultralight tubing graphic from the seat tube (the whole lot).

When you're sorted with the frame and want to get the right graphics for it, drop him a PM. I can give you some pics of where they go on the frame too.

Congrats – you'll love it.

Well its here :) still no closer to knowing what it is for sure :? but whatever it turns out to be its a very nice lightweight frame ;)

Frame number seems to be 191011749 but i'll double check later ;)

Thanks Crayons I'll definately be in touch for some photos :) really looking forward to this build ;)

I'll take some decent photos later for you all to peruse over ;)

Jones":1fjj8o6n said:
Well its here :) still no closer to knowing what it is for sure :? but whatever it turns out to be its a very nice lightweight frame ;)

Thanks Crayons I'll definately be in touch for some photos :) really looking forward to this build ;)

Your frame number is I91011749 (I had already been given it during the auction ;-), that's ho9w I know he thought the seat post size was 26.8, but ti is 27.0 for any 91 or 92 frame that is steel.

Also I do not believe that frame number comes from a 'special' Rocky Mountain frame, but is more a mass produced numbering scheme. Sorry to say, I also do not think it is typical of Team Comp frame numbering.
But I do not know that much about frame numbers. Also if you can weight the frame ;)

FluffyChicken":2yej9t3x said:
Jones":2yej9t3x said:

Your frame number is I91011749 (I had already been given it during the auction ;-), that's ho9w I know he thought the seat post size was 26.8, but ti is 27.0 for any 91 or 92 frame that is steel.

Also I do not believe that frame number comes from a 'special' Rocky Mountain frame, but is more a mass produced numbering scheme. Sorry to say, I also do not think it is typical of Team Comp frame numbering.
But I do not know that much about frame numbers. Also if you can weight the frame ;)

Don't be sorry ;) I don't really care what it is to be honest :) its a nice lightweight steel frame in very good condition that I'm sure will ride really nicely :) so £103 doesn't seem a huge amount whatever it turns out to be ;)

I haven't got accurate scales here :? but its no heavyweight even compared to my DeKerf Team SL which is the same size and bare frame at the moment :)

p.s a 27.0mm seatpost won't go near it, 26.8 is tight to be honest :shock:

Back