BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I’m not really up on tyres post 1995 so would appreciate some advice. I’m also not one to buy different tyres for different conditions so am looking for recommendations for an all purpose 26” off-road tyre. I quite fancy the skinwall Nobby Nics but welcome others opinions.

Re:

I quite like the Continental X Kings: good balance between grip and not too much rolling resistance on hard surfaces for me.

Obviously, what works for you depends on your typical riding conditions but, also, I think it's quite a personal decision: I like the rounded profile of the X Kings when cornering on harder surfaces; however, the Race Kings are faster on the straights but require slower cornering, I find - so it depends on what you want when you're riding.

The skinwall Nobby Nics are better looking than either of those and Nobby Nics get good reviews but they also look like they'll have higher rolling resistance. Never tried them though; they might be perfect for you.

Agree with above. My choice would be first Conti then the Nobby Nics maker.

I agree with the Conti. Trail and Mountain Kings have both been good. The mountain king have had a tendency to be prone to side wall tearing over other tyres I've found. I've lost two that way.

Sorry but Nobby nic for the rear too?

I like to run fast, so my choice for rear is Rocket Ron (triple compound, interior rigid exterior grip compound). For the front tire I have several. Some times I put the Nobby nic, with more grip is the Onza Canis, and other options. This is only for XC, to ride fast. The rocket ron last few Km, in my case not too far from 1000km.

Back