Bike/home insurance

spudgun

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Home insurance renewal time,and just noticed pedal bikes no longer covered on my present policy.Given that most of our bikes are old but usually adorned with many bling items,and we have multiple rides,what is the best way to insure them?

Agree M&S,its a contents policy that covers un-named items up to 4k each,including bikes.My policy was about £10 a month dearer than the cheapest I could find but of course the others wouldn't cover my bikes.

after many phonecalls I got my home insurance through the Co-Op, they are happy to cover my bikes (specified with values) and were about a hundred pounds cheaper than the next nearest (£300 and something compared to £400 and something). worth a call

If you are renting then try Adrian Flux, they did a great deal on our contents including my Ellsworth up to £3100. No good if you own your home though! :)

M&S - unlimited cover, no itemisation up to £4k, covered for accidental damage to bike. Cost me £245 for their premium cover. Do a quick search and you will find lots of people have gone with this one.

Forgot to mention,it depends on the value of your bikes,if they're worth less than £1000 most companies will cover them but if you're a bit obsessed(like me)and have a number of bikes totalling a seriously scary figure everyone,bar M&S,at least doubles their premium.

Back