One of our chain stays is missing! Back to the 30s.

Will you be going for a period dress up ?, lights, mudguards et all

Can I say on a personal note that I hope you wear gloves working with as much gt85 as I see. You can become sensitized to it as it's a solvent. And once that happens you can't go near the stuff.

Yes, I used to buy a couple of cans of GT85 when it was cheap or to make up orders to free postage. Mostly used as a cleaning agent/degreaser.

I have mudguards etc but will see how this rides and if the hub is reliable before going too much further. I've got another SA wheel of the right size that I know works well, but it's 70s/80s and in shiny condition. Would be a shame to paint the rim but that's plan B.

Attachments

• UhXpz7TDRuyInw7kydIMag.jpg
    UhXpz7TDRuyInw7kydIMag.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 638
Re:

Bit of a shakedown. All went well! Gears and brakes did what they do. Enough. Hearing is hopeless for around here. 18 on the back will become 13 for £3.50 from Hopkinson cycles. Never even got into third.

Post and stem now given Matt and then satin humbrol in right position for me. Mudguards given the kurust treatment. Will be next weekend before anything further happens. I did grin a lot though. Very upright and leisurely riding position. Slow to respond to inputs of any kind.

TWEED!

Attachments

• 9FDA70F0-25F3-4C39-AFDC-2CAF2DCC9B68.jpeg
    9FDA70F0-25F3-4C39-AFDC-2CAF2DCC9B68.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 570
Maximum Tweed required....

Back