2009 F1 cars is so ugly!

Agreed, but I am pooped after my lunchtime ride and the talk of F1 has just caused me to fall asleep, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

char6.jpg

Separated at birth?

I agree but when did purpose have a good looking face. The most beautiful car of all time in my opinion was the Lamborghini Muira and that was one of the worst handling high speed cars due to the terrible aerodynamics. The underneath caused lift like a wing and at 170 was leathal.

You could also say the same of the Pikes Peaks cars, they need all the aerodynamic aids they can fit to force them to the ground!

Shame as the ones that go in a straight line are prettier as they spoilers reduce the top speed! Give me a 250 GTO any day, sleek with a monster V12 like they used to be!!

Distant memories

Thought I recognised the Alf... snapped here at Oulton GC in 2005 along with...

Lest we forget, F1 WAS great once...

Mr K

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,321
  • Alf.jpg
    Alf.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,321
The new regs are supposed to increase the chance for cars to get close enough to overtake.

I see two fairly fundamental issues here:

1. Any driver getting close to one of those is likely to loose his front wing (just look how damn wide it is, they'll be knocking them off ten to the dozen)

2. Any driver getting close to one of those is likely to loose his lunch :D

The rear wing on the Williams is that high because the engineers were complaining of back ache from pushing it down pit lane ;)

Latest posts

Back