Can't fit disc caliper to 1996 Bomber Z2s

Re: Re:

Gruff":1cwkqtyu said:
I want one to standard IS mount Hope mono mini.

Gruff that’s exactly what b3 makes we just need to hear back from him,

If he reads this that’s at least 3 that want one

Anybody else add your names and we might get enough to warrant doing a batch.

Timoth27
Gruff
Ktmracing2001

Hey, I have the same issue. I rescued a Cove Stiffee from the transfer station and it had this excellent bomber with the odd disc tabs (on both side of the fork by the way). There is a guy in germany who custom makes adapters. I looked at the cost of the adaptor and shipping to Canada and decided to give up. I may just use the fork on my Zaskar with v-brakes.

It sucks because it would be a great fork for the kona Stinky build I have going on.

Re:

Sorry guys I clean forgot to update this. Basically b3 had real trouble shifting the last batch and so is not planning to make any more. I did enquire what he would need to do a batch. Cash before manufacturing and it would be minimum of 20 parts, £500 minimum to manufacture which equals £25 per part.

@birttorpedo obviously hope did a c2 caliper specially for that mounting if you can find one. Which is period correct for the fork.

Edit: it’s a No.4 caliper which gives you a 185 disc.

Re:

birttorpedo Do you have the details of the guy in Germany? There’s 3-4 of us on here that want one so might be worth him running some off. Might even be able to forward one on to you cheaper than him posting direct???

dirttorpedo":1rbk1yym said:
Hey, I have the same issue. I rescued a Cove Stiffee from the transfer station and it had this excellent bomber with the odd disc tabs (on both side of the fork by the way). There is a guy in germany who custom makes adapters. I looked at the cost of the adaptor and shipping to Canada and decided to give up. I may just use the fork on my Zaskar with v-brakes.

It sucks because it would be a great fork for the kona Stinky build I have going on.

That should be the Z1 (Orange is it ?) 100mm travel. It had dual disc mounts, and imho should be kept aside and not used use because its the only one can do the dual front brake, which in itself is a hell of a project.

I feel like I should post pics of my Alpinestars with lowered orange Z-1.

Currently using the dual disc mounts for fenders...

Gruff":358qidyk said:
I have now changed my plans and got a Manitou with post mount.

Is that the old Manitou 69mm Post Mount standard that's incompatible with anything else in the Known Universe?

Gruff":31bdcmel said:
I have now changed my plans and got a Manitou with post mount.

I hope thats not an early Manitou the PM spacing on some of them is 68mm

jimo746":31bdcmel said:
Is that the old Manitou 68mm Post Mount standard that's incompatible with anything else in the Known Universe?

There is also an adaptor, for C2 No1 calipers.

For anyone who's interested here is what that looks like (attached to No1 half)

Attachments

• DSCF3185 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF3185 (Custom).JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 518
Back