New Boulder Stuff

hairstream":1fwcyxak said:
Here is my latest project.... found it in the garbage somewhere.

WTF! :shock:

All I get in the rubbish is dirty nappies and last weeks TV guide. Obviously an affluent area you live in! ;)

My naked Defiant. :shock:

I have made some progress, finally. Had it media blasted. Uncovered a pretty nasty dent near the top of the down tube. So, I had my friendly neighborhood frame builder (Eric Barr of Groundup Design) put a gusset on there. I think it will be O.K. even if it isn't original??

The shock is at Risse Racing for a rebuild. It goes to powder next week.... color will be decided when I get to Spectrum Powderworks. (I am not the type to be stressed over it being an original color).

Gil for decals? I hope he can do them, or has done them in the past...

And, now back to your regularly scheduled forum. Cheers.

Attachments

• Defiant1.jpg
    Defiant1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 2,403
  • Defiant.jpg
    Defiant.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 2,403
These are so beautiful!! Just missed out on a Defiant Ti earlier in the year on fleabay, and still gutted about it... :(

hairstream":2er5m5vx said:
My n*ked Defiant. :shock:

I have made some progress, finally. Had it media blasted. Uncovered a pretty nasty dent near the top of the down tube. So, I had my friendly neighborhood frame builder (Eric Barr of Groundup Design) put a gusset on there. I think it will be O.K. even if it isn't original??

The shock is at Risse Racing for a rebuild. It goes to powder next week.... color will be decided when I get to Spectrum Powderworks. (I am not the type to be stressed over it being an original color).

Gil for decals? I hope he can do them, or has done them in the past...

And, now back to your regularly scheduled forum. Cheers.

Gussets of that type should always have the bottom of the plate unwelded Keith Bontrager would have a dicky fit if he saw that.

ATB

John

Gussets of that type should always have the bottom of the plate unwelded Keith Bontrager would have a dicky fit if he saw that.

I think it can go either way. Un-welded portion of gusset, or weep hole in down tube under the gusset.

Out of the oven this week, hopefully. Decals from Gil next week, Lord willing.

Picked a colour yet Luke?

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. ;)

I would try the bottom bearing cup from the headset in the frame to make sure the welding hasn't sent head tube out of round before sending for coating.
Looks a nice job, and a great find.

Back