How do you carry your bikes?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Seems a daft question but if I have one its in the car but when more than one have a witter towbar carrier which scares the life out of me!! :shock: :shock:

My mates think I am Anal about bikes but when I see them clamped together the thought of it being one of my bikes makes me cringe :shock:

I don't often these days. It usually gets ridden to where I'm going, or stuck on the train.
On the rare occasions that I do, it gets chucked in the back of the Jeep.

I've still got Saris boot rack somewhere that I used to use when I had the Scooby, but that went years ago. :cry:

I prefer the "in-car" method .... my mates at the weekend clamped a brand new GT and Giant together with forks against each other, one spud was actually held by two spokes from the others wheel.... I thought it was a horror show but got laughed at for be anal about bikes!!!!! :roll:

Not a fan of bike carriers, bikes always seem to rub together. I put rags and towels at touch points.

I'm planning on converting an old trailer to carry the bikes. Will use some sort of roof type clamp but on the trailer.

like riding traveling scratchs and knocks are to be expected

years ago when me and my mates would use the train to get places to ride bmx we would just cram up to 8 bikes into the space designed for 2 :LOL:

a bmx fits into the boot of a mk1 or 2 cortina , which gets some strange looks :LOL:

and i fit 2 mountain bikes into the rear of a peugeot 106 with both front wheels off

Internal fork mounted bike carrier. You may need a new model Volvo V70 to fit it in though :cool: :cool: :cool:

Only small problem is bikes with long travel forks (100mm plus) don't fit, too tall to fit upright. Retro steeds fit a treat.

Attachments

• volvo bike carrier.jpg
    volvo bike carrier.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,238
mine go in the boot - sometimes just as they are, other times in a bike bag. I hate the idea of them being outside the car.

I made my own internal fork mounted carrier. Welded a couple of scrap forks to a beam to hold wheels and bought a couple of Saris QR clamps (traps?) and bolted them down too. Carrier goes in the car (admittedly it is a bus - Seat Alhambra) and holds 2 bikes and their wheels.

Back