Prettiest groupsets or components...

KondratievsBike

Dave Yates Fan
A completely gratuitous thread that will serve nor purpose other than to waste time at my desk and make me smile...

So what does anybody consider to be the prettiest groupsets or components?

I’m starting off with Shimano Golden Arrow just because I’ve finally got some and I think I like it more than Arabesque...

Might start an ugliest groupset thread too...

Attachments

• 503A40C8-9EE6-496B-A328-B3889B365632.jpeg
    503A40C8-9EE6-496B-A328-B3889B365632.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 724
Prettiest brakes for me are the late model Campag Super Record before they went Cobalto with C-Record. Beautifully shaped arms compared to the older rounded style and just all round elegance.
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=30

I do have a fondness for Suntour Superbe Pro components - especially the final versions of the derailleurs and chainset - they are very pretty.

Mark.

Re:

Dura ace 7800 looked superb. All silver metal, no carbon anywhere and worked sweet as a nut

Well as you mentioned gratuitous. :mrgreen:

And if they were caressing silver Dura Ace brakes...........

Attachments

• 030FDE98-13DF-4CD2-A220-9C6F86D9C5E0.png
    030FDE98-13DF-4CD2-A220-9C6F86D9C5E0.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 684
Campagnolo record 10 speed, the full alloy version. I know it's not fully retro, but it works perfectly and looks stunning

Re:

Don't mean to be a party pooper ( New Years Eve and all), but Campagnolo never made an alloy 10 speed Record Ergo Shifter. They were Carbon right from the introduction of Record 10 speed. 10 speed Chorus levers were available for a short time in alloy, before they to became carbon.

True, I was thinking more of the cranks than ergos, but either way, it's a very fine looking group!

There are a number of good looking groupsets but 1st gen c.record for me, love the rear mech. Then Record with the delta brakes. For Shimano I really like the look of Dura Ace AX. It's a shame almost no one cares about asthetics theses days for any part of the bike.

Latest posts

Back