Category X-Orange Formula.

I learnt a new saying the other day "Perfection is the enemy of good enough"
So my opinion is to define the bike show piece or rider. A show piece has to be perfection you can't have people calling out your work now can you. But a rider has only to be good enough and allowed that important touch of builders licence. Lets face it how many bikes got upgrades when their owners could afford it I know mine did.

Excellent thread as always.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":3izjzh7w said:
I guess XT is the easiest way to go, and will look right.

Its goina be slim pickings for tyres. :facepalm:

Were Ground Control available in 88? Always a Orange favourite and standard fit on my 89 Clockwork.

brocklanders023":2ecmdn1y said:
sinnerman":2ecmdn1y said:
I guess XT is the easiest way to go, and will look right.

Its goina be slim pickings for tyres. :facepalm:

Were Ground Control available in 88? Always a Orange favourite and standard fit on my 89 Clockwork.

Hardpack, Timbuk IIs,....? as well i think... :?

Re:

How did I miss this Christmas cracker. Lovely as always, but come on, more build photos!

pete_mcc":3rb0l0da said:
How did I miss this Christmas cracker. Lovely as always, but come on, more build photos!

Hey Pete, been deliberating over spec if im honest..

There’s quite a few tyre options which would be period correct

kingbling":1dpjvnex said:
I learnt a new saying the other day "Perfection is the enemy of good enough"
So my opinion is to define the bike show piece or rider. A show piece has to be perfection you can't have people calling out your work now can you. But a rider has only to be good enough and allowed that important touch of builders licence. Lets face it how many bikes got upgrades when their owners could afford it I know mine did.

Excellent thread as always.

I see your point, and i also think.....“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

"its gotta look right for hanging and work right for riding".

I'll walk quietly into the room, leave this here and edge quietly back out

giphy.gif

the_beach_441.jpg

Back