'94 Dyna Tech Diablo Titanium Frameset £50 coll. Durham

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm selling my 1994 Raleigh DynaTech Diablo STX frameset. It has a couple of issues (detailed below) but I'm selling at a just £50 all in, but it must be collected in Co. Durham (DH7 postcode) before the 2nd January.

The listing is for the frame (titanium main tubes), UGLI fork (steel version), original Dia Compe headset as fitted, stem, original Ti bar (one end has some crimping from clamping the bar ends). modern Shimano bottom bracket, XT front mech, and various purple bolts as pictured.

I bought it about 5 years ago and it's been kept at my in-laws' house for riding on the odd stay with the family. Will check the frame size, I guess it's around 18". Here's my build thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=292714

Condition is as pictured, with two issues. One, half the seat binder bolt is still in the clamp and needs to be removed, presumably by drilling it out carefully (the side with the bolt came out). Two, the 'stop' at the bottom of the derailleur hanger is worn and on a regular rear mech the b-adjustment screw wouldn't reliably stop against it. To resolve this I used a Shimano Shadow-style rear mech very successfully - I believe the SRAM ones have a similar mechanism.

Other parts from the original build available upon request.

Edit - frameset sold pending collection mid-February

Attachments

• IMG_9365 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9365 (Custom).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_9364 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9364 (Custom).JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 881
  • IMG_9362 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9362 (Custom).JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_9363 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9363 (Custom).JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 883
  • IMG_9366 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_9366 (Custom).JPG
    197 KB · Views: 883
How much would you want for the Hope/x517 wheelset if you still have them? Local to Durham so can collect.

Re:

I must say that is one very nice frame set , just a shame father Christmas has been and gone !!!!!!
How much to post to Bournemouth ????? :xmas-wink:
Merry Christmas and a happy new year .

Re: Re:

royboy2cv":3vrc4mqw said:
I must say that is one very nice frame set , just a shame father Christmas has been and gone !!!!!!
How much to post to Bournemouth ????? :xmas-wink:
Merry Christmas and a happy new year .

I've got the frameset here with my in-laws where I'm staying until this Thursday, so I was hoping someone would be able to take it by then. I actually don't live a million miles from Bournemouth but just don't have the space to take the frame back with me in the car this time. If the frameset isn't collected by Thursday when I head back down south I'll probably take the fork, stem, bar and mech to sell separately, and the frame will have to go to the tip, but I'd prefer if someone could take it all together, of course.

Re:

Let me know how it goes , but I would only be interested in the hole package . :facepalm:
Frame ,forks , stem and bars ,.

I expected this frame to be collected early in January but it never was, so it's still available (don't think my in-laws have taken it to the tip...). I'm next in County Durham from Friday 14th to Monday 17th of February, if anyone local is interested?

Re:

Damn, blast and bugger (as Grandma used to say)

I thought I’d resisted the temptation last time round but now it’s back!

I need me some UGLI forks!

Im not too far away and will happily come up the week you’re there so can I have these please?

Back