white fire mountain. UPDATED PAGE 4

Hi,

Bike looks great :cool:

Who did the powder coating, were you happy with it and would you recomend them ?

I am doing up my 'childhood' bike (Marin) and am looking to get it powder coated.

Cheers,

WD :D

thanks again for the comments. having a few more pics taken this weekend to hopefully show the details better.

as for the powder, it was done by a guy who works alongside the ginetta race car workshop. it cost £40 for blasting and powdering. am i happy? yes and no. yes as it was really cheap, the finish is 95% perfect and the frame looks so much better than it did before i went. no because there are a few blemishes, namely on the headtube. looks like there are a few tiny bits of dust under the paint and there's sod all i can do about it. at the end of the day though it cost £40. if i'd have done it myself i think i'd spend that much on materials alone. the other problem was tmy own inexperience. i took the bare frame and didnt plug any of the threads. he told me not to wory, he'd sort it but he forgot about the mech hanger. that caused a few problems!

Beautiful bike, it must be really special to rebuy one your old bikes and built just like you would have liked to as a kid. Well done, I love the pic with the sunset. Felicidades.

Back