we like retro bikes but what else..

Re: b

spitoon":2recbr5l said:
Pics of the wizard please :cool: :cool: :cool:
sadly the one in my post is the only one i have and i have not touched the car for 6 months! in fact i have moved house and the car is still at my old address!

plans are to weld the doors in (but make them look useable), chop the windscreen off completely, run cycle wings made from old tyres, modify gas masks for headlights, sit the suspension on the floor and run the biggest, most obnoxious mercerdes amg wheels i can get my grubby hands on. shell will be matt brown, chrome will be pitted and horrible.

if it ever gets done...

This is my car, she looks a little different now but there isnt much that stays in front of her. Twin wankel, twin Turbo, 450bhp, 1/4 mile in 11.8 but now set up for track. She is my pride and joy.

It was my love of tinkering with bikes that got me back into cars in a big way!

729484_1.jpg

mazdaman1980":3lvkeqpe said:
This is my car, she looks a little different now but there isnt much that stays in front of her. Twin wankel, twin Turbo, 450bhp, 1/4 mile in 11.8 but now set up for track. She is my pride and joy.

729484_1.jpg

Twin wankel? Two engines? :cool:

I have been into cars probably longer than bikes, but i thought the thread was about anything else retro other than cars or bikes....

Pug 205 are my softspot... i'm on my 4th Mi16 engine now and plans for a supercharged version in the future, I do all the work myself, rebuild engine, make loom etc.... ultimate cars for me.... Metro 6R4 and Pug T16 :cool:

i had a tussle at cadwell with what appeared to be a 1.6 205 gti. absolutely left me for dust on the straight. turned out to be an mi16. they are made for the track!

mazdaman - nice!

Easy_Rider":25yka5yc said:
mazdaman1980":25yka5yc said:

729484_1.jpg

I have been into cars probably longer than bikes, but i thought the thread was about anything else retro other than cars or bikes....

Pug 205 are my softspot... i'm on my 4th Mi16 engine now and plans for a supercharged version in the future, I do all the work myself, rebuild engine, make loom etc.... ultimate cars for me.... Metro 6R4 and Pug T16 :cool:

Car seats, alloy wheels, engines, spoilers, turbos are my thing, who said cars!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and yes twin wankel. The 13b engine consists of two rotors and two sequential turbos. I had a mint 205 1.9 GTI and to this day i still think it was the best ever small hot hatch and i have had the Civic Type R, Clio 172 and 182 and god knows what else. The Mi16 is a great choice, i have all this 2l turbo junk! NA in a car like that is always best with twin webbers and no fuel injection!

You have my respect as very few other people really do it all themselves. I do but only too learn. I ruined my first RX7 as i did a single turbo conversion and forgot to re-programme the ecu to fuel richer. Massive engine fire and one seriously expensive carbon bonnet down the toilet!!!!!

Bikes are so much simpler!

This is the car nearly finished, lots of interior work left to do inside but featured in Jap Car and Max as well as J Tuner and a couple of car sites. Never thought to mention it on here! Off the road until the summer!!

img]

mazdaman1980":3ooklgxg said:
Easy_Rider":3ooklgxg said:
mazdaman1980":3ooklgxg said:

729484_1.jpg

Car seats, alloy wheels, engines, spoilers, turbos are my thing, who said cars!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and yes twin wankel. The 13b engine consists of two rotors and two sequential turbos. I had a mint 205 1.9 GTI and to this day i still think it was the best ever small hot hatch and i have had the Civic Type R, Clio 172 and 182 and god knows what else. The Mi16 is a great choice, i have all this 2l turbo junk! NA in a car like that is always best with twin webbers and no fuel injection!

You have my respect as very few other people really do it all themselves. I do but only too learn. I ruined my first RX7 as i did a single turbo conversion and forgot to re-programme the ecu to fuel richer. Massive engine fire and one seriously expensive carbon bonnet down the toilet!!!!!

Bikes are so much simpler!

Ooops!
The RX7 was made to compete with Porsche's at the time, but they had problems with tip's (sorted for RX:cool: and so engines lasted 40k generally. Lovely cars, but no real experience with them TBH.

I've had the pleasure of driving a mk1 MX5 with limited slip diff and have been very impressed! So much fun even with std 1.6!

I've shown up quite a few modern cars in my pug, most ppl just see an old G reg car "get out of my 08 way you porper" attitude :LOL:

Your car look ubber mint by the way! Mines a battered old tat not worth posting a picture off, but its functional in that it drives well and burms off those annoying Audis and BMW's

Actually it wasnt the rotor tips that were the problem, although they are known to go if you dont commit to rebuild above 65k. The car was really good but they priced it well out of the market and sales flopped. To this day they are rated as one of the best looking and best handling cars of all time and as track cars are still hailed as the best of all the jap cars, and yes quicker than the R34 which will suprise many but there are many jap videos to prove!

mazdaman1980":7fj68auy said:
Actually it wasnt the rotor tips that were the problem, although they are known to go if you dont commit to rebuild above 65k. The car was really good but they priced it well out of the market and sales flopped. To this day they are rated as one of the best looking and best handling cars of all time and as track cars are still hailed as the best of all the jap cars, and yes quicker than the R34 which will suprise many but there are many jap videos to prove!

I quite believe that, i know they were built to compete, but at the time maybe outstretched a little too far. I have been tempted to buy one in the past. What's the low end torque like, i've heard that the only downside to the wankels, but upside is amazingly smooth and free revving!

i've had a few retro-ish cars, a MKII Fiesta 1.1 Ghia, 2x MKII XR2 (one stripped out and the other mint original), an Orion 1.6i Ghia :oops: an
G-plate Vauxhall Senator 3.0i, and my fave ever - an immaculate white Sierra XR 4x4 2.9 which was an ex-police armed-response car, that was fun :D :D :D

Back