Technology and me!

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I went to replace my ageing mobile on saturday.

Went into the shop and asked the twelve year old girl serving if i could change my mobile for a new phone.

A half hour later i was still trying to tell the child i didn't want...Sat nav,televisions,i pods,walkmen, radio, toaster, camera,washing machine!

I just want a bloody phone!!!!!

And relax! Thank you. Al :D Its good to let it out.

Do what I do, get the poshest phone you can (best to let a teenager choose for you) and then Ebay the thing to some looney spoiled brat with more money than sense. This pays for you package for the next 12 months then buy a cheap functional one that makes calls and sends texts.

Genius! :LOL: Are you a scouser by any chance?

Al. :D a manc,if you hadn't guessed.

lol, not a Scouser no! Spent 4 years living in Salford but that is as far North that I have ever spent more than a few weeks at a time.

Was victim to a cashback deal once, so now I just look to screw the companies as much as possible. Figure I am about even, but I want more!

i was after a phone that was contract free, but cost about £350, that i didnt have, went into carphonewarehouse, got a N95, sold it on ebay, and then bought my new phone with the proceeds, one contract i wanted, and one phone i wanted.

mattbrown":1nqaluod said:
i was after a phone that was contract free, but cost about £350, that i didnt have, went into carphonewarehouse, got a N95, sold it on ebay, and then bought my new phone with the proceeds, one contract i wanted, and one phone i wanted.

Most phones cost that much or a lot more even. Your monthly contract price is basically subsidising the phone! When I lived in Spain, contracts were really cheap, like 6-9euro a month, but you paid nearly full price for your phone.

Ta dah, the way forward unless you are a phone gimp (sorry if you are!)

South Bound":5f4nhw8e said:

Ta dah, the way forward unless you are a phone gimp (sorry if you are!)

I've had contract phones since 1996 but for the last 2 years i've gone to pay as you go because contract prices have gone stupid high, all because the phones have become very expensive (GSM prices). A contract phone belongs to the provider until the contract is finished (that's why they are free, you pay for the phone through your monthly payments), and me being a wimp don't like to fall on the wrong side of an angry provider if all goes belly up :oops:

Back