MacRetro Trading Post

Well I thought I might grow into it but alas I am no fan of SKY, we are a Quickstep family of fans and so it has to go to make way for his new one.
He did want to stick Lidl stickers on it so it would be like Phillip Gilberts bike :)
Anyway I put it on marketplace and it sold within a couple of days no problem as it was spotless and they are about £330 new.
So all good :)

Jamie

thinking of giving this gravel riding lark a try on my old breezer lightning. anybody got any spare 26" cx type tyres i could give a try?

keithyr":2x5uujol said:
thinking of giving this gravel riding lark a try on my old breezer lightning. anybody got any spare 26" cx type tyres i could give a try?

What's a cx type tyre?? You wanting something more for road as well as light off road?
I think you can get Schwalbe cx comp tyres in 26" size.
Think I have some Maxxis Crossmark, and Kenda Small Block 8 somewhere, both are more xc/hard pack type tyres.

Edit: CX comp for comparison... https://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m37b ... S_GB/70477

Re:

nae idea what a cx type tyre is mate, think i overheard some dapper gents with beards, caps, blazers and loafers drinking so craft beers talking about them so thought thats what all the cool cts are riding now.

ive got some narrow road tyres and thicker commuters already but was interested to see what you cross racing boys are using.

Re:

How about these?

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tyres/26-x- ... -inch-559/

Difficult to get a cheap “gravel” tyres in 26”

I’m running 40c Schwalbe G One bites. They come out about 1.5 inch. On an MTB there’s not going to be much advantage in a narrow tyre, more from getting something not too treaded.
Jamie has 2” slicks on his LHT and got round our ride no bother.
A bit more file tread and decent side knobs are good if doing a bit more paths, esp in the wet. To be honest though, you’d be amazed how much you can ride on commuter tyres. Only real nemesis is wet grass.

Re:

I use Clement Xplor something or other on the 'cross bike, or Michelin Mud if there's a lot of...... Mud.
The Clements are slick down the middle with knobbly bits on the sides, like Clubby said, you can comfortably ride most stuff on tyres like that, only real sloppy mud etc will leave you wanting more tread.
The Conti Double fighters look like a decent tyre, should roll well but still give grip (especially in corners) off road .
Try your Commuter tyres and see what you think?

Back