Introducing Vera, a 1985 Land Rover 110 County

That’s some crazy arse nose art from your dogs to be able to write seasonal greetings on the back window

Retro Spud":2bzg2l39 said:
That’s some crazy arse nose art from your dogs to be able to write seasonal greetings on the back window

You and your eagle eyes! That would be a helpful teenager I’m assuming...... :xmas-big-grin:

kingbling":ph6kazey said:
Flat cap and trainers :shock: :facepalm: Where's ya wellies man :LOL:

Can’t drive it with wellies on....... :facepalm:

Re:

Still messing about with my S2a :D

Great for collecting firewood and standing on to trim the hedge!

Attachments

• lr.jpg
    lr.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 1,839
TBH, Vera gets mainly used for dog run outs on the beach and trps to the recycling centre...... getting a bit full up though.... :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_5157.jpg
    IMG_5157.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,809
Christ, you're a brave man buying a landrover. I've known a lot of them used in anger, and whilst I can't argue they're effective, they were not reliable. Suzukis ruled.

I love them, but could never bring myself to actually buy one!

Re:

They're only unreliable if you don't look after them. Basic vehicles, especially older ones, so little to go wrong, but if you don't treat em right everything will.
Luckily I have a spare truck cab so can convert to a hillbilly pickup with minor spannering :D

Pic below not mine, but V similar

Attachments

• lr truck.jpg
    lr truck.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,800
Nah, not the way we were using them! These were very well looked after, and hammered regularly. To be fair, the most problems were the TD5s; Electrics, Every Bushing, Chassis rot at 3 years old, Leaking Swivels, but mainly the electrics, over and over again. Diffs and shafts didn't last long either.

We were normally the only ones not in a landrover, and normally the only ones without a breakdown. *normally*.

We'll ignore the time my axle ended up 3" to the east of where it should have been...

Re: Introducing Vera, a 1985 Land Rover 110 County Defender

Peachy!":7hltvgdb said:
The History Man":7hltvgdb said:
Old one. Boss wants an xc70 :shock:

Hmmm... I had an XC90. biggest money pit I've ever owned...that is until now, I guess!
142,000 miles from new in mine and the only breakdown has been a headlamp bulb.

Only got it because my serial Land Rover ownership ways were starting to disturb Mrs Chopper, who genuinely threatened me with divorce if I didn't stop spending so much time fixing and welding and spend some time with her instrad. Grudgingly realised she was right, not touched a spanner or welder since - I get where Im going on time, rain stays on the outside, oil stays on the inside, and I can actually hear the radio over the engine without having to crank it right up, so perhaps it wasn't all bad.

Back