How to add photos in mtb for sale???????

matvanslam

Retro Newbie
Please please please make it simple like other sites

How do I add photos to my mtb for sale message ?
It only offers me to add files !!!
Why would anyone want to add files ???
We want to see photos on adverts.....
Can a moderator change it so it is easy for older people please ?

Thank you so much if you can help

I use add a file... pics are a type of file.

Save your picture to your device, select file (picture), then press add file, then place file inline.

Simples :) Welcome to retrobike!

Thank you but unfortunately I cannot make sense of this.
I try to add a photo as an attachment but this site is set up to find files and my photos are stored in my gallery as photos not files so the retromtb site will not find them.

Thanks though for trying,

Mat

Re:

Good morning Mat,

As MTS said, and with all respect, it is simple to add pictures to any post on this site.

You asked, "Can a moderator change it so it is easy for older people please ?"; I wouldn't think it possible for that to happen.

You go on to say, "Thank you but unfortunately I cannot make sense of this."

Rather than me post up a step by step instruction on here, I think the best option for you would be to take your device to someone who is a little more Techno savvy, and see if they can show you how it is done.

Alternatively, I'll send you my e-mail address in a Private Message, so you can send me a picture and I will add it to your Specialized Stumpjumper FS 1992 Tange Prestige For Sale post.

I hope this helps you add some pictures to your For Sale post.

Pip

We are old, the site is old.

When selecting a file, make sure you have saved the picture as a jpeg and give it a memorable name and off you go.

Your photos are still stored as files, no matter what you call them.

As you must be able to see, when you click on add file it opens a window, which you just navigate to wherever you keep you picture files and double click on them, no system opens the relevent folder, just the drive, you have to navigate and tell the computer which file.

Lolympics! It's so easy to add photos here now, they mostly don't even need resizing since the Guv upgraded things.

legrandefromage":29shqigw said:

When selecting a file, make sure you have saved the picture as a jpeg and give it a memorable name and off you go.

It's even possible to upload using an iPhone, where "add a file" opens up the Photos app (so long as site is viewed in Desktop Mode or "Full View").

Can't get much easier.

regan_ev":2lxikjst said:
Lolympics! It's so easy to add photos here now, they mostly don't even need resizing since the Guv upgraded things.

legrandefromage":2lxikjst said:

It's even possible to upload using an iPhone, where "add a file" opens up the Photos app (so long as site is viewed in Desktop Mode or "Full View").

Can't get much easier.
I think that we have all attempted to help here, and I have even offered to post up the pictures myself. I sent a Private Message to matvanslam with my e-mail address with a view to getting his pictures on his For Sale post. The message has left my Outbox, and is now in my Sent messages.

I find it disappointing when I read shouty posts in upper case saying stuff like this:
CAN'T ADD PICTURES AS IT DOESN'T WORK ? !
MESSAGE ME AND I CAN EMAIL OR WHATSAPP YOU SOME PHOTOS

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME TO ADD PHOTOS I AM HAPPY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!

The site is free, and super easy to post pictures, evidenced by the abundance of them on here. Please Mat, either learn how to use your device, or accept my offer of help to post pictures on your For Sale thread.

Pip

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE BELOW.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 362
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 362