** Enigma Ego Ti 29er **

Re:

Remembered I bought a ti seat clamp for my Salsa back in 2015, from Enigma Bicycle Works as it turns out... so just ordered another one! :cool:

This is the pic from my Salsa build! :LOL:

Attachments

• tiduck.jpeg
    tiduck.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,268
Re: ** Enigma Ego Titanium 29er **

firedfromthecircus":1lnmhjs5 said:
velofrog":1lnmhjs5 said:
Having seen FFTC's beautiful Salsa El Mar Ti with its bomb pop blue front end, and having owned an A La Carte ti, I knew these were nice frames,
Aaw shucks! :oops: :mrgreen:

Looks very nice indeed. :cool: The green fork brings back memories of the Ibis you had at Dunkeld! Would be nice if you could find something else to colour match it up front just to tie it in, even just a set of grips would do if they matched well enough.

Now go get it filthy! :LOL:

Cheers Barry!

I shall get it dirty, planning this as it’s first outing, Sron Uladail in Harris, looks stunning :cool:

https://youtu.be/18GcNbuzi7A

tintin40":1h8k44om said:
what does it weigh? Good to see rigid front

Cheers tintin, not weighed it yet, but I shall do.

Yeah, I just don’t get on with bouncy, I definitely prefer rigid forks :cool:

firedfromthecircus":3brg9o7e said:
velofrog":3brg9o7e said:
Cheers Barry!

I shall get it dirty, planning this as it’s first outing, Sron Uladail in Harris, looks stunning :cool:

https://youtu.be/18GcNbuzi7A

:shock: :shock:

I like my rigids but I think I'd want some bounce for that!

Can you not just find a muddy puddle? :LOL:

Yeah I know what you mean, but still have my DVO forks if things get that bad!

You’re never far away from a peat bog out here anyway! :LOL:

Re:

Have a USE EVO91 titanium seat post incoming for this, very much enjoyed the ti post on the Black Sheep so thought I'd give one a try on this. :cool:

I really don't like shims on seat posts, I thought I'd be ok with running the carbon post in a shim but it's been niggling away in my brain... this one is the correct 31.6mm diameter so that solves that problem! :oops: :roll: :LOL:

Re:

FFTC was suggesting earlier about maybe the bike needed some more green to tie in the forks, but in my head the green was more than enough and the bike didn't need anything else to stand out.

I did however want to tie in the red 9 on the fork as there was nothing else red on the build.

The ubiquitous red bottle cage bolts were duly fitted, but I wanted something else....

So today arrived a DT Swiss RWS axle! :cool:

The old Shimano axle was a little scratched up and the axle was silver, this has a black axle and the all-important red highlight in the centre of the lever! :facepalm:

Attachments

• dt4.jpeg
    dt4.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,114
  • dt3.jpeg
    dt3.jpeg
  • dt2.jpeg
    dt2.jpeg
  • dt1.jpeg
    dt1.jpeg
    875.4 KB · Views: 1,114
Re:

The USE EVO91 titanium seat post arrived, and what a lovely thing it is... and super-light too!

It's new but had been fitted... a quick wipe over with a scotchbrite pad soon had it looking as good as new though! :D

I had noticed in the photos of the ebay listing that it had a silver clamp and bolt holder, which I wasn't so keen on. A quick internet search revealed they were also available in black and that they had been upgraded since with flats now built-in to help support the saddle rails.

However, hidden among the images in my search was a ti post with red accents... but I couldn't find any red clamp kits listed for sale anywhere. :(

So I decided to email USE directly to see if they were still available in red....

USE were super-helpful and said that they did indeed have a few red ones "still kicking around" and would I like to place an order?! :cool:

Anyway, the post is now fitted and it looks great, although I've swapped-out the newly installed red bottle bolts on the frame for titanium bolts now as there was a little too much red going on! :oops:

Attachments

• use6.jpeg
    use6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,079
  • use5.jpeg
    use5.jpeg
    941.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • use4.jpeg
    use4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,078
  • use3.jpeg
    use3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,078
  • use2.jpeg
    use2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,078
  • use1.jpeg
    use1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,079
Re:

:cool:

Attachments

• egouse2.jpeg
    egouse2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,075
  • egouse1.jpeg
    egouse1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,075
  • useti.jpeg
    useti.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,075
Re:

I've a few modern bits of kit based on classic retro items on the way for this, just fancied doing something a little different with it as the last few builds of mine have been a little 'samey'.

Hopefully these new parts will help create a classically old-school looking modern build. :cool:

The first of these parts arrived this morning.... :xmas-wink:

Attachments

• whiteporc.jpeg
    whiteporc.jpeg
    880.3 KB · Views: 616
Back