18-19" steel frameset -

billysan

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

On the lookout for a cheap steel retro mtb frameset to build up as a bit of a hack bike. I already have a group / wheels and finishing kit to hang on it, and don't want to spend much, so it needs to match these specs:

18-19" frame range.
Preferably '91+ for sharper geometry (I dont want a slack '88 type bike).
Canti mounts, including rear cable bridge/guide.
1" steerer.
Preferably headset and seatpost included.
28.6mm seat tube outer diameter, for band on mech.
130mm rear spacing.

What have you got?! I want structurally sound bit paint condition not an issue. Tatty might be better so I can worry less about it going walkies.

Im in the Avon / Wiltshire area and can collect.

Thanks.

I’m in Wiltshire with a lovely Rocklobster Team Tig (Reynolds 853 tubing) , currently built up as a commuter with lovely parts, might split though.

Re:

I should have a Orange Clockwork frame and forks available soon. Solid but ratty and reckon it covers most bases.

Sounds v nice, probably far too nice for what I have in mind. If we have the same idea of cheap then I may be interested.

Minifreak":znwzp1e8 said:
I’m in Wiltshire with a lovely Rocklobster Team Tig (Reynolds 853 tubing) , currently built up as a commuter with lovely parts, might split though.

billysan":2p9uhdnc said:
Sounds v nice, probably far too nice for what I have in mind. If we have the same idea of cheap then I may be interested.

Minifreak":2p9uhdnc said:

PM’d you

billysan":16qxd7ny said:
The U brake is a deal breaker for me however.

just out of interest: do you really have such bad experience with them? I wasn't keen on them either but I must say that was purely because of ignorance. I took the time to install them correctly and I lust say I quite like their stopping power. But no, you don't want them in muddy conditions...

Wim

Giant Terrago frame/ forks/ headset/ stem?

1 1/8 steerer though

Quad butted cro-mo

around 18 inch

very nice forks

lots of braze-ons

file.php

DB Axis 18in F&F seat post headset saddle bars and stem £65 posted

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_124926.jpg
    IMG_20190921_124926.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 228
Back