Almost NOS 93 Orange Clockwork frameset - RESERVED

Re:

Just to add, if it's not and the paint is the original silver/grey wet paint, not the powdercoated later colour I'll have it!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":38jwr4i1 said:
Is this a respray mate? Decals look like repro's?

Absolutely not!.....at least I'm pretty sure they are not! Those are the original wheels and groupset so I can't see why the decals shouldn't be. As you can see the brake surfaces are barely worn and the rear mech still has it's original warning sticker on! 93 bikes had bit of a mixed bag of decals, some even had the 92 font. These decals looks like the ones that came on the black version.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":p622h5dx said:
Just to add, if it's not and the paint is the original silver/grey wet paint, not the powdercoated later colour I'll have it!

Yes, it's grey with a very slight silver fleck in it. I know Skipton isn't exactly around the corner from Sheffield but you are more than welcome to come and take a look.

Cheers

John

Re:

Agree with the random decals mate, had plenty of different ones over the years! These just look a bit bigger than some and the lack of tube decal set my spider senses off. Like I said mate, if it is a silver/grey I will have it. Would you be happy to hold it until I get chance to call down and compare the colour to my (rough) silver/grey? Any more close ups of the paint would be ace too. The colour I'm after has almost a pearlescent sheen to it, but it's very subtle.

Re:

Hi,

I'll get a couple more pics of the paint.

Yeah it looks like they were starting to use the new decal set on some of the later ones. 2 of the late spec ones in the picture and then the next frame revision at top.

Any idea when you might be coming to look?

Cheers

John

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 355
  • s-l1600-01.jpg
    s-l1600-01.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0374.JPG.jpg
    IMG_0374.JPG.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 355
Re:

Do you have the serial number too as that may shed some more light. I'm cautious as the silver/grey was 1992/3 before they offered silver powder coat on the last Clockwork's and first C16's. No interest in the later colour but have been searching for years for a decent silver grey.

Re: Almost NOS 93 Orange Clockwork frameset

To me it looks like a standard paint finish. Not had a chance to get the pics yet but I will tonight.

Back