retro isle of wight ride 7th of december

jonnyboy666":10nhp8a1 said:
there is a carpark and it is pretty expensive, i think it is 4 quid for 8 hours and 2.40 for 4 hours, but that is from memory, but the riding is straight from the ferry so you won't need to take the car across anyway, that would cost about £45!!

that's about 150% cheaper than brighton. :LOL:

who's coming along then, could be up for this.

had a couple of friends reply on facebook with a yes so i make it about 6 or 7 people at the mo.

come on guys! where are the local retrobikers? :D

you won't need a passport but bring a stick with you to beat off the local weirdos! there's always a nutter or 4 that manage to find me, i'm like a looney magnet!! :D

jonnyboy666":25s64ule said:
you won't need a passport but bring a stick with you to beat off the local weirdos! there's always a nutter or 4 that manage to find me, i'm like a looney magnet!! :D

Like those people who ride old mountain bikes :LOL:

jonnyboy666":2qbwz09g said:

Christ, we could be in trouble then.
My mates call me the 'wrong'un radar'!

sounds like this trip won't be short of humour!! :LOL:

a guy i always used to ride with always used to say " who's fu**ing idea was this?" when we got to a steep hill and got out of breath, it always made us laugh, it was that knowing look as if to say who's gonna say it first! it's not that funny obviousley but it was to us! we used it to drop the other guy on the hill in oxygen deprivation by making him laugh! of course as soon as you say it you then end up cracking up yourself and it gets worse as you look over to your mate and see him hanging over the bars struggling with laughter and you end up the same way! then it's a pitiful race to the top in 1st gear pushing while laughing! i should point out this was on our road rides, the most common climb for it to happen on was dean hill near whitparish, a very steep hill once used on the tour of britian.

Back