Campagnolo Bullet shifter set-up advice please

Re:

The molded "Right" is upside down on the Klein in the link, and in the picture of this set below for sale on the Brick Lane site - just like Peachy!'s.

Regardless of all that though, the instructions say to start threading the cable with the Shifter in position 1, which is the reverse to normal.

Pip.

Attachments

• Campagnolo-bullet-shifters.jpeg
    Campagnolo-bullet-shifters.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 208
Cheers for chipping in lads, couple of points...
1. The mech is actually inside the handle bars.
2. I think the problem the guy with the Klein had may have been that to tighten them up the threads are apposing (like a B.B. shell)
3. The one marked ‘left’ only has 3 clicks, the ‘right’ has 8
4. The covers/cable guides fit both ways it really doesn’t matter
5. The cable only wraps one way, it cannot go the other way around.
6. The assending numbers are printed onto the tube that has the ratchet mechanism, not the collar with window and cable exit tube.

I can only presume that either these were printed wrong or they are for a rear mech that pulls the other way around????

Re:

That’s what I said. One of them weird ones that sits over 1 when intentioned by cable.

These predate reverse action mechs by some time. Campagnolo were not exactly known for being cutting edge.

Re-reading all this and sifting through dusty memories of fitting a new old stock to a mates', rather ironically, Claud Butler, I think the numbers are in the 'right' direction, just our perception of what is 1 to 8 may not be Campagnolo's.

Ben Haywood cycles in Cambridge were knocking these out for something like £20 a full set, no mechs though. I bought 3 sets at the time.

legrandefromage":mcwhr6gm said:
Re-reading all this and sifting through dusty memories of fitting a new old stock to a mates', rather ironically, Claud Butler, I think the numbers are in the 'right' direction, just our perception of what is 1 to 8 may not be Campagnolo's.

Ben Haywood cycles in Cambridge were knocking these out for something like £20 a full set, no mechs though. I bought 3 sets at the time.

You might be on to something there Mark.... I've gone back and double/tripple checked and they can only go one way and they work perfectly, I just have number 1 where I would asume number 8 should be and of course visa versa...... well produced stickers look like the way to go...

Back