Pinarello Montello 1984 - SALE WITHDRAWN

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Re: Pinarello Montello 1984 Size 56cm

thats a very high price for a bike with bottom rung Campag components, nice frame though

Done some checking and on ebay there are 2 frame sets currently on sale for between £680 and £750 and one is less good condition than our example.

EDIT:

Admittedly as has been "patiently" explained to me the value only relates to the sale price.

Also the best sale price can only be achieved with the best combination of product and buyer.

So lesson to me is, better homework.......You win some, you lose some :roll:

Re:

Hi a drive side photo would be very useful please.

Says full Campag groupset, but dont think seatpost is.

What are the headset and the bottom bracket please?

Is it cromovelato paint? This was a coloured varnish over chrome, but this looks like straight paint?

Also what are hubs and rims please

Sorry lots of questions but pics not hugely clear

velomaniac":24ph1r2s said:
Done some checking and on ebay there are 2 frame sets currently on sale for between £680 and £750 and one is less good condition than our example.

With this in mind to say the bike is rather expensive with lower end Campagnolo groupset is to suggest that everything on the bike bar the frame is of little value which is patently untrue.

The bike is fully serviced by trained mechanics and is ready to ride away.

Baring in mind its a 1984 example the same year as one was ridden to victory in the 1984 olympics, I'd say its pretty good value.

I take issue with the 'trained' mechanics if they've fitted band on shifters in place of braze on. The majority of bands mimic the downtube braze on mounts so all you have to do is undo the shifters from the band and you can then fit them to the frame.

They might have damaged the frame!

Attachments

• band on shifters.jpg
    band on shifters.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,020
  • pinarrello.jpg
    pinarrello.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 1,020
Re:

Ermmm just to be the voice of reason those Campagnolo levers don't work like that, they have a threaded rod that sticks out and a small hole in the lever the stop is on the outboard side and the end cap screws on so they could not be fitted to the bosses. :oops:

Back