Rocky Mountain Re-sprays?

malley

Dirt Disciple
I`m about to get my favourite ever bike back! Well, that I`ve owned anyway. It`s a 94/95 equipe - tange prestige ultimate ultralight tubing made when rockys were rockys and Chris DeKerf welded some of the frames. I did everything from race to trailquest to commute on it and always regretted moving on from it. So, I`m going to renovate it fully. The paint was a fantastic olive green w` slight sparkle and yellow graphics - still hasn`t blistered or rusted to this day. Class.
Do rocky do factory resprays? How can I get the decals? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Malley, nice bike choice!! :D

I rode that green model for some time while waiting for my Altitude to arrive.
Great ride - think they came with the first elatomer Rockshox? May have been 93?

Get some pics up anyway!!

They do do resprays, but not sure if thats just modern repairs or as a sevice.
Gil on here may be able to do some good repros if you get stuck. Or there are new repro decals on the bay.

I have just built up a 96 Hammer as a ss, and thats fantastic too. So balanced, and handles really well.

heres a quick pic, built quickly for a ride so excuse the mismatched wheels and big forks!!

main.php

Sweet. Mine had a full deore dx group with thumbies. Upgraded forks to manitou 3`s and eventually got hope ti-glide hubs and an eight speed mech, utilising the extra hidden click on the thumbies. Changed to a Suntour XCpro chainset and an early WTB greaseguard headset. Gore-tex cables. Finally, xtr canti`s. God, I can remember EVERY detail! Damn.That`s when it was great. That`s when it was the best. Life was good.

not yet P20 - I have some Pace RC36 Hollowform which are destined for sus duties though, down to 80mm. Should look a bit neater :D May find some nice old school forks sometime, but I want to use the bike, and old sus is not good :( So the Pace, disc, and XTR Vs may stay!

Need to bin that second chainring too. And change from 34:16 - too much for me!!

Gump rigid carbons are the way forward. If only i could find an 1" set for the Bonty :roll:
32:16 works for me, but its nothing to challenging round here :LOL:

Good plan!! Forgot about those!
Keep my eyes open for a bargain now.. they would look sweet.

Nothing really challenging around here either :oops:

Back