Anybody at Llandegla today? (with pics)

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Had a crackin day out at Llandegla today! I was looking round at the end for any retro bikes, but it all seemed to be fancy new stuff!

Crud's Claud Butler attracted some attention though! Think it may have been the Spinergy, won't be something any of the newbie riders would have seen before :LOL:

crudsclaud.jpg

my mix match Parkpre, doesn't look too good at the moment :(

parkpre.jpg

Quite misty in places! And very wet :D

misty.jpg

spudgun":1q31gmki said:
Must get back there soon,it's months since my last visit.How busy was it?

Wasn't too bad, not many famalies as it was quite wet, cafe was busy though, had to wait ages for my bacon butty!

Easy_Rider":3icdtt6z said:
I was looking round at the end for any retro bikes, but it all seemed to be fancy new stuff!

except that illuminous yellow marin muirwoods! :LOL:

funny at the end when some new school people were eyeing up my 'Ti' Claud

i was just in ear shot when i heard,
person A there's XTR on that Claud Butler, is that a steel frame?
person B no thats titanium.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

crud":1zd90685 said:
Easy_Rider":1zd90685 said:
I was looking round at the end for any retro bikes, but it all seemed to be fancy new stuff!

except that illuminous yellow marin muirwoods! :LOL:

funny at the end when some new school people were eyeing up my 'Ti' Claud

i was just in ear shot when i heard,
person A there's XTR on that Claud Butler, is that a steel frame?
person B no thats titanium.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That was quite funny, Ti Claud!

Was up there on saturday with a few others. Mostly riding new stuff aprt from someone on a Ti RSP Raleigh. Was sat in the cafe with a couple of us in RB jerseys for quite a while though :cool:

Do recall seeing that Claud in the cafe and even having a brief discussion on it with one of the other lads. Maybe I was "person B", lucky you didn't hear my other comments on the spinergy ;) :LOL:

John":3r571xzg said:
Was up there on saturday with a few others. Mostly riding new stuff aprt from someone on a Ti RSP Raleigh. Was sat in the cafe with a couple of us in RB jerseys for quite a while though :cool:

Do recall seeing that Claud in the cafe and even having a brief discussion on it with one of the other lads. Maybe I was "person B", lucky you didn't hear my other comments on the spinergy ;) :LOL:

we did see that Raleigh, looked very nice, cant remember much about it (an xt m739 rear mech if we are talking about the same one?)

I understand people either love or hate the spinergy, thats fine with me. but i was just wondering if its purely the looks, the fact they tend to snap, hubs not being great or something else? its something not discussed here before (after doing a search).

did you see the real retro raleigh highlight at llandegla on sat? When we left the cafe origianlly there was some chap on a lizard complete with d lock still attached and no front brake. He left just after we did. Never saw him agin.

The spinergy is fine i reckon. All i'd say is a pair would look better.

Back