1990 GT Zaskar - Finished 13/11

Re: hmm

captain8track":1jd0edip said:
looks very nice, that indy sl really is a looker!

Cheers mate :D

Yup, the Indy SL cleaned up really well, and its light weight suits the bike perfectly. It is just so well balanced :cool:

Pickle":35zto7xy said:
Took it out for its first ride today, and thrashed the pants off it! :LOL:

Stunning ride, and it fitted me like a glove :cool:

Amazing bike :D

Well done!!!

I need to thrash one of my old bikes...badly.

I believe there's a couple of GT decal'd kore stems on ebay at the mo,a red and a yellow 1,i'll have a look tomiorrow for you [as its 4:54am :LOL: ]
They are A-head though,dont know if you think a converter would suit but its an ide
a an
y
wa
y
y
y
y
y

Snore

Lovely job on that! Really makes me want to take my K2 out for a thrashing too...and get some mud in them tyres once again.

Nice :)

Pickle":2hnpnk5d said:
Right, have the house to myself tonight so seazed the opportunity to crack on with this bad-boy.

Old decals removed and frame cleaned up. Just now need to give it a polish, and order some repo decals.

Forks changed to Rock Shox Indy SL, seatpost changed, stem chopped for an original GT Flip-Flop and the SACHS shifters/XT levers ditched in favour of some mint LX units.

I have now stopped for a breather, but will crack on it a bit cleaning up the wheels and changing the tyres.

For now, here are some pics.

Your happy with the LX levers then? Glad to see they've gone to a very nice looking home!

Pickle":q2enxo5y said:
makster":q2enxo5y said:
Your happy with the LX levers then? Glad to see they've gone to a very nice looking home!

Oh yes! Shifting is smooooth ;)

The condtition of those levers is a reflection on the nick of the Alpinestars I picked up from ebay :D
Its a pain in a way, as I bought it as a project but its just FAR to tidy for me to justify stripping down and re-painting etc.
It has however resulted in me buying an 88 Fisher to keep me busy instead :LOL:
Only found this site in June and have already bought 3 bikes :shock:

re indy:

I really liked my set I had in the 90's being an leightweight rider, I have no problem with elastomer suspension. I found an 80mm's Rock Shox Jet that I will try out, I like the way they look, Manitou had some model that also had disc fittings, to bad the Indy don't have that... (they would probarly flex to death but look badass)

Stickers

Crayons":2a31kka0 said:
Nice one Pickle – Good find fella. U-brakes are cool on GTs – just wish my Zaskar had one (it's a bit later and would've come with cantis on the rear).

You've finally convinced me to get on with my Zaskar now. You might be interested to know that I've emailed the graphics below to Gil – I'm intending to use them on my '94 Zaskar as I prefer them to the newer style ones, but they should be period correct for yours.

Cheers matey
Is it still possible to buy these stickers? I cant find them anywhere :(

Latest posts

Back